Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Progress of Illinois Corn Crop >

Progress of Illinois Corn Crop

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Progress of Illinois Corn Crop

Old 06-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Progress of Illinois Corn Crop

How has the corn crop planting gone this year and has the flooding in the spring delayed the harvest timeframe for the fall?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Depends on which area. It is way to soon to guess the harvest time. The weather over the next few months will play a big role.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Corn where I hunt in perry co. was definately planted later than last year and will not make the old saying of the corn should be knee high by july cause was at the farm today and most of the corn is only 6in's or so tall in almost all fields. But that is just where I hunt have seen some corn futher north that is a couple feet tall
Old 06-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Fork Horn

It appears that the south was hit by flooding worse than the north. I remember a couple of years ago, when the floods were terrible in Illinois, the crops did not get harvested until late November. Made hunting difficult with uncut corn in the fields. The deer stick around the food source. Sounds like a lot of the same from that year. Any good hunting tips when crops are not harvested yet?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

For me it is going to be hunt the beans early in oct. because our farm doesnt have the 400 acres of wheat out yet and with over 4.5in of rain in the last 5 days it looks like it wont be out for another 2 weeks so stubble beans will be coming up late so i will be hunting major trails from bedding area to stubble bean feilds
Old 06-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

It sounds like a late corn harvest again. I like huntiing the bean fields, usually the fields are cut before I have a chance to enter the game. Sounds like an interesting upcoming hunting season.

Last edited by midsouth_hunter; 06-20-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

How Bout a update on your crops for this year from you IL Boys!!! I will be hunting your great state this year. How are things looking on the harvest ??? I know it was very wet early and VERRRRY HOTTT this summer.
Hatchet Jack
Old 08-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh well!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:52 AM
Spike

Corn is about 8' high here in McLean County.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully they start cutting soon. It would be nice if a lot of the corn was out by mid October, don't want a repeat of the 2009 season when most of the corn was in until December.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.