Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Nebraska

Old 08-02-2003, 04:17 PM

Default Nebraska

Has anyone hunted in north central Nebraska on the public hunting land. It part of the national forest system in Sandy Hills area? Thanks
Old 08-13-2003, 08:52 PM

Default RE: Nebraska

I' ve never hunted it but I' ve been there and know a little about it. First, it' s not a " forest" like you' re probably thinking forest. It' s mostly hand planted trees. And while there are alot more trees there than the surronding counry, that' s not saying much. Not much pressure with a bow but lots with a rifle. It' s in the " sand hills" not sandy hills . Probably wouldn' t be my first choice. Hope I helped.
http://www.drycreekhunting.com
Old 08-14-2003, 08:14 AM

ORIGINAL: muliebuck
First, it' s not a " forest" like you' re probably thinking forest.
I have a picture of my wife standing in front of a sign that says the name of the national forest outside of Valentine (McKelvie maybe?). There is NOT a SINGLE tree in the background. It is kind of funny and if I find it I might have to post it.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:07 PM

Not to diss any of the corn huskers out there, but it is Nebraska, and correct me if I am wrong, but isnt the state tree a wheat stalk?

The upland game in Nebraska is AMAZING!!!!

Eric
Old 08-14-2003, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: EJDoane
Not to diss any of the corn huskers out there, but it is Nebraska, and correct me if I am wrong, but isnt the state tree a wheat stalk?
Sure next you are going to say how flat and boring it is to drive I-80 across Nebraska and force me to point out that same highway across Illinois isn' t real exciting. I always get a kick out of it when the guys I work with try to give me a hard time about Nebraska being flat. I just point out the back door and ask them how far is the next hill in that direction. It shuts them up for a couple minutes.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:05 PM

Since my wife won' t see this:
You know what the definition of a good looking woman in Nebarska is..........
TOURIST!!!
Nebraska.....A good looking woman behind every tree!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 12:29 PM

Lots of pressure out there from out-of-staters like yourself.
Deerhunting is iffy at best, as too many guys confuse hunting with riding in their atv' s/trucks and chasing anything that gets in front of them.
If you are looking for consistently good mulie hunting, on public land, keep going west and don' t stop until you get to Wyoming.