Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
what should i do >

what should i do

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

what should i do

Old 02-15-2011, 01:55 PM
g13
Spike

Default what should i do

what should i do to harvest big bucks in a small area in wisconsin i've only been hunting for 1 year but no big bucks have ever been shot in the area durin gun season how can i get something
please help :g roupwave:
Old 02-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just be lucky and your day will come. Let the small ones go and you might one day get a big one.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree...let the smaller one's walk and one day a Monster will walk in and You'll be ready for him!

Do You have any Food lots or Crops Feilds nearby,have You put out any mineral licks...stay as scent-free as possible when Hunting,the Deer/Bucks may know You are there and are staying away...there's lots of different things You can and shouldn't do that will better Your odds of getting a nice Buck.Set up a few trail camera's to see whats moving around,hunt the wind more and keep at it...sooner or later everything will come together for You!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:36 AM
g13
Spike

i hunt by 3 sets of woods in a corn field but the big one drop by the neighbor in bowhunting seoson. i missed a alright 8 pointer passed on a 6 pointer and couldnt get a shot at a different 8 pointer just everybody else gets the big ones before i do we dont bow hunt just gun is that the promblem
Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
I agree...let the smaller one's walk and one day a Monster will walk in and You'll be ready for him!

Do You have any Food lots or Crops Feilds nearby,have You put out any mineral licks...stay as scent-free as possible when Hunting,the Deer/Bucks may know You are there and are staying away...there's lots of different things You can and shouldn't do that will better Your odds of getting a nice Buck.Set up a few trail camera's to see whats moving around,hunt the wind more and keep at it...sooner or later everything will come together for You!
that is my brother we hunt 100 acres of field an one acre of woods and it is illigal to bait deer other than food plots. and we dont own the land its my 2nd cousins
Old 03-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

1st is food plots.
2nd - you are going to have to start passing on all the 125-130 deer.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Spike

get ya bow hunt the rut, if you got does on your property the big boys will show up.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dejager
that is my brother we hunt 100 acres of field an one acre of woods...
One acre of woods doesn't provide much security cover. Once the hunting season starts the older(bigger) bucks are probably staying in areas with better cover. Deer don't get old, or big, by trying to avoid hunters in a one acre wood lot.

You can have all the food in the county, but older deer are going to try to stay alive by finding security cover.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I Definatly agree with Bob and also make sure you play the wind!!! Especially with only the 1 acre of woods you do not want all your wind blowing into the only cover available.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

bow hunt...

pass small bucks, you can't shoot big bucks if you shoot small ones.

almost any 3.5yo buck around here will be BIG! some 2.5yo will be big, but a big 2.5yo will be a monster at 3.5yo!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.