Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
First buck just missed >

First buck just missed

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

First buck just missed

Old 11-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Spike

Default First buck just missed

I am up here in northern Illinois. The property I hunt is just south of Rockford in a little town called Leaf River. I had been hunting this past week before shotgun season and did not notice any rutting activity. I seen plenty of deer in the fields, but no bucks chasing does. I did have a small 6 pointer come up behind me, and as I got to full draw i had to wait until he took another step or two to clear some brush for a good shot. Before he did that the land owners dog spotted something (I imagine the deer) in the field and started barking like a little maniac. The deer needless to say heard the dog and bolted back into the trees. Guess he wasn't meant to be my first buck. Oh well maybe next time.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Spike

that is the first of many things that can and will happen to you in the woods
Old 11-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Spike

just seems to be my luck,, i spooked the monster ghost buck on black friday, the cold temps and hi winds had him bedded down, a beautiful buck. just happy the old guy survived the shot gun season hopefully with the muzzle loader season coming up i have chance at him.