Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Illinois shotgun this weekend >

Illinois shotgun this weekend

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois shotgun this weekend

Old 11-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Spike

Default Illinois shotgun this weekend

Been very busy with work and havent had much time to get out the past couple of weeks with the bow. Have heard reports of the rut going strong, and other contradictions as well, should be a good weekend though.... what are your thoughts? Either way I'll be out all weekend in Cumberland county....best of luck to everyone and be safe out there!
Old 11-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Opening day is like Christmas...with guns! Its time to break out the 20 gauge bow.

I didn't hunt this past weekend and we saw a little chasing the week before. Hopefully they will be going strong this weekend.

Good Hunting.
Bowflex
Old 11-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you believe the moon phase theory, this will be the weekend that the real rut starts. and with what I have seen in the past couple weekends thet just might be right...Last weenend we saw many a doe and not a buck near them. The big buck we did see was not far from a couple does and nothing was going on rut wise. This could be the best gun season...
Old 11-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jasons8387
Been very busy with work and havent had much time to get out the past couple of weeks with the bow. Have heard reports of the rut going strong, and other contradictions as well, should be a good weekend though.... what are your thoughts? Either way I'll be out all weekend in Cumberland county....best of luck to everyone and be safe out there!
I was just out in Cumberland County last week bow hunting. Actually I hunted in Jasper but stayed in Cumberland. We didn't see the rut kick in until Friday morning. Took a nice 122" 8pt, glad I did because it was the biggest I saw in bow range. Saw one really nice buck on the last day, we are guesing he probably went 170" or so. Good hunting in that area...