Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Where to DIY South Dakota Deer Hunt? >

Where to DIY South Dakota Deer Hunt?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Where to DIY South Dakota Deer Hunt?

Old 10-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Where to DIY South Dakota Deer Hunt?

Any recommendations for areas of South Dakota for a DIY archery deer hunt on public land? Primarily whitetail hunting but would stalk after a nice muley as well if the opportunity arose. Looking at trying the Chamberlain area but open to any suggestions.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Forgot to mention plan on using tree stands and ground blinds depending on terrain.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

I hunted the Chaimberlain area for years. Probably not much use for a tree stand. All of the COE land along the river holds nice Muleys and Whitetails. A boat would be a big advantage when hunting along the river.

We always went the spot and stalk route with good success. Beautiful country but the rifle season will be open soon. When do you plan on hunting? If your serious you can shoot me a PM and I'll provide more details

JSO