Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Wisconsin Rut Watch >

Wisconsin Rut Watch

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Rut Watch

Old 10-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wisconsin Rut Watch

Just wondering what my fellow wisconsinites have seen as far as sign and activity relating to the rut so far.

I myself have yet to see any activity besides one scrape.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen a few scrapes, but widely scattered, and no rubs yet. Its still too early, though, I think we'll start seeing things heat up here shortly.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Scrapes are being hit by mature bucks and rubs have been popping up everywhere since mid September. Talked to a guy who said he saw a 140 class buck running around with his noise to the ground. My grandparents also saw 2 big bucks hot in pursuit of a doe on our property. This is in Sauk County.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Went to do a lil squirrel hunting today to kinda scout out some "new" public land and found 4 scrapes that have been cleaned up either last night or early this morning. Not a single rub today tho
Old 10-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Seen lots of lil scrapes, no breeding scrapes and lots of rubs. No bucks during daylite hours and afew does that I could have killed but won't.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 3 scrapes by my land and lots of fresh rubs, some were even 1 day old. I tried using my Primos call today but no deer would come into it. I think we still need to wait a week or 2.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Saturday 10/09/10 I put a dozen of my trail cameras over mock scrapes. This past Sunday I went back and check the cameras. All but one of the mock scrapes had been hit repeatedly by bucks, including 3-4 bucks that are at least 3.5 years old.

Also, next to nearly every one of my mock scraped, a Real scrape had been created. The bucks were certainly active, and I did find a handful of rubs.

I am taking a 4 day weekend starting Thursday evening, and I fully expect to see some major buck activity over my long weekend.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Can't say I've seen really anything.

I'm sitting on two small rubs, one of which was from last year, the other from this year. Doesn't look like it's been hit recently though. Hope to see something pass through soon.... Some size to it would be nice.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Spike

Sunday, my son and I listened to a buck grunting up and down a field edge. No response to my rattles or grunts
Old 10-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

I saw a small buck last two weeks ago that was grunting at a doe already, one messed up little guy! Things should start heating up this weekend, and next weekend should be amazing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.