HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Wisconsin Rut Watch (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/332006-wisconsin-rut-watch.html)

ek_buckmaster 10-16-2010 12:36 PM

Wisconsin Rut Watch

Just wondering what my fellow wisconsinites have seen as far as sign and activity relating to the rut so far.

I myself have yet to see any activity besides one scrape.

sconnyhunter 10-16-2010 12:40 PM

I have seen a few scrapes, but widely scattered, and no rubs yet. Its still too early, though, I think we'll start seeing things heat up here shortly.

gunther89 10-16-2010 08:18 PM

Scrapes are being hit by mature bucks and rubs have been popping up everywhere since mid September. Talked to a guy who said he saw a 140 class buck running around with his noise to the ground. My grandparents also saw 2 big bucks hot in pursuit of a doe on our property. This is in Sauk County.

ek_buckmaster 10-17-2010 09:06 AM

Went to do a lil squirrel hunting today to kinda scout out some "new" public land and found 4 scrapes that have been cleaned up either last night or early this morning. Not a single rub today tho

mr.mc54 10-17-2010 01:05 PM

Seen lots of lil scrapes, no breeding scrapes and lots of rubs. No bucks during daylite hours and afew does that I could have killed but won't.;):party0005:

Centauri 10-17-2010 04:40 PM

I saw 3 scrapes by my land and lots of fresh rubs, some were even 1 day old. I tried using my Primos call today but no deer would come into it. I think we still need to wait a week or 2.

Dampland 10-18-2010 06:25 PM

Saturday 10/09/10 I put a dozen of my trail cameras over mock scrapes. This past Sunday I went back and check the cameras. All but one of the mock scrapes had been hit repeatedly by bucks, including 3-4 bucks that are at least 3.5 years old.

Also, next to nearly every one of my mock scraped, a Real scrape had been created. The bucks were certainly active, and I did find a handful of rubs.

I am taking a 4 day weekend starting Thursday evening, and I fully expect to see some major buck activity over my long weekend.

WI Bow Hunter 10-18-2010 07:01 PM

Can't say I've seen really anything.

I'm sitting on two small rubs, one of which was from last year, the other from this year. Doesn't look like it's been hit recently though. Hope to see something pass through soon.... Some size to it would be nice.

Shimano 10-20-2010 06:20 PM

Sunday, my son and I listened to a buck grunting up and down a field edge. No response to my rattles or grunts

dusters84 10-20-2010 07:33 PM

I saw a small buck last two weeks ago that was grunting at a doe already, one messed up little guy! Things should start heating up this weekend, and next weekend should be amazing.