Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Wisconsin Rut Watch >

Wisconsin Rut Watch

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Rut Watch

Old 10-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Been starting to see a few rubs and scrapes
Old 10-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Spike

Mississsippi Rivver valley is hot n heavy with action on 80 acers of land in the valley we got atleast 7 great scrapes and have atleast two pictures on the cuddeback of bucks chasing does...hope the action picks up for you guys!!!! Good luck and happy huntin!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

Been observing 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old bucks starting to cruise around the doe bedding areas the last couple days in S.E. Wisconsin.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Spike

I spent quite a bit of time in the woods this weekend and things have really heated up in NW part of the state. (I hunt the Luck and Siren area).

Scrapes and rubs were popping up daily, old scrapes getting hit also, tine marks all over. Saw buck moving in daylight and called two in. One on a grunt that I saw slowly moving on a fence line, and I rattled one in to a buck decoy. Both that came in to calls were 2 1/2 year old deer. Necks were totally swollen. Local hunter also bagged a 165 class last week, and I kicked up a 145 class that was bedded off of a newly made scrape line.

We were really surprised to see all the activity that we did and it kind of caught us off guard. Really looking forward to getting back out soon.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

I too hunt in NW Wisconsin ... not far from Luck actually, and I just got back from a 4-day hunting weekend.

Friday was good with 3 young bucks chasing does in the morning, and a 2.5 year old buck growling and chases a pack of does on Friday evening.

Then the rain came in on Saturday, and the buck movement nearly stopped. The bucks are still hitting the scrapes, but the trail came pictures are showing only at night for the big boys.

I thought this light rain/drizzle we had the last three days would lend itself to create some great hunting, but it was pretty uneventful.

I think it needs to be about 10 degrees cooler (it was around 50 all weeked)

I really hope next weekend is better, as I really want to get one of the bucks I've been getting on camera. (unfortunately, the two biggest bucks I have on film, have already broken of tines.)
Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

IT was really hit and miss with the warm weather/rain over the weekend. Things should start to heat up this weekend as the weather cools down
Old 10-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've found tons of scrapes and rubs the last couple weeks. Last Wed. morning I seen two 1.5 yr old bucks just before 8A.M. but other than that I haven't seen a mature buck out in daylight. Friday night I thought I would see some bird dogging while I watched 11 antlerless in the field but no horny ones showed up.
The bucks are committing suicide right and left on the highways (I witnessed one this morning right in front of me) so things are definitely picking up.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Spike

2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old bucks starting to cruise around the doe bedding areas the last couple days
Old 10-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Spike

I've seen a few chasing in South Central Wisconsin in the last day, but I belive that the big boys are still staying up late. It will be interesting to see how things change the next couple days since Hurricane Favre has blown through the last few days. Hopefully all is right in the world now.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Spike

I was out all day near Siren. I saw 4 bucks and 10 does. One buck was a decent size, but for the most part everything was smaller.

One buck was grunting up a storm and chasing a doe. Fun to watch!

I would expect the next 7 days to see things get more and more intense, and the week of the 6th - 15th should be awesome if the weather cooperates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.