Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Wisconsin Rut Watch >

Wisconsin Rut Watch

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Rut Watch

Old 11-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Spike

is it possible that the warm weather the past few days (around 60 degrees) could have put a halt on the rut, or once it starts does it just keep going?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BowMan051088
is it possible that the warm weather the past few days (around 60 degrees) could have put a halt on the rut, or once it starts does it just keep going?
I'd say they are probably just less active during the day. If we had to wear our winter jackets in 60 degree weather we would slow down too.
Yesterday I had an 8pt come in at 11:30 but stayed out of range. This morning at 9:00 he got a little too close and I got him. (pics to come tomorrow).

Last edited by WIbuckchaser; 11-11-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the one I got on public land on 11/11/2010.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Fork Horn

Nice man, good work! Public land man... shoot all I've ever shot on public land is a doe.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Dominant Buck

While out cutting firewood and sneaking around the woods to see what I can see. and maybe get a grouse or two... I saw a few very minor rubs on some thin alder brush. I would guess they are young if anything. Never saw horns yet in the woods. I do have a doe with two nub bucks that come into the yard to eat the grass.

I was out the day before this snow that hit us, figuring the deer would move and I might get a look at them. I headed down to the cedar and alder marsh to check the trails for tracks. I was shocked to see two little deer tracks in the mud is all. In past years they'd have had those trails beat to muck.

Then I heard some walking noise headed towards me so I hunkered down and waited. 30 yards past me walked three turkey. Two were toms. And then later I saw a flash of white where the marsh meets high ground. So I sat down and glassed the area and saw a weasel.

So not much deer information to report.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Spike

IMO, Rut isnt what it used to be in my area, veary slow in SW wisconsin.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by larsotra
IMO, Rut isnt what it used to be in my area, veary slow in SW wisconsin.

Same here by me, it's been a strange year to say the least!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

We have twice as many bucks as we do does and yet we barely see any rutting activity. I thought if you had more bucks around then does, the rut was suppose to be intense? The last 2 years that hasn't been the case.