Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Wisconsin DNR wants to kill the whole freakin herd! Jan thru march no limit season! >

Wisconsin DNR wants to kill the whole freakin herd! Jan thru march no limit season!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin DNR wants to kill the whole freakin herd! Jan thru march no limit season!

Old 10-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default Wisconsin DNR wants to kill the whole freakin herd! Jan thru march no limit season!

The Wisconsin DNR snuck this one thru... A new approved 3 month spring no limit deer season...

The Department of Natural Resources, with its recently approved Chronic Wasting Disease Response Plan for 2010-2025, is implementing a 2011 landowner permit system to hunt from Jan. 10 through March 31 within the entire Chronic Wasting Disease Management Zone.
This season is similar to landowner seasons from 2002 to 2007, however, the $2 permits will only be valid after all the other deer seasons have closed.
Landowners throughout the entire CWD-MZ -- which covers much of southwest Wisconsin -- may participate if they own at least five contiguous acres. Landowners may give permission to other hunters, too. The details of that process are being finalized.
Unlike some of the past landowner permit plans, when those permits were valid during regular seasons, the 2011 permits will not kick in until Jan. 10, 2011 and therefore are not being sold until Dec. 1.
This January to March season will include the following stipulations:
# Buck stickers will not be required in the CWD-MZ, and any deer can be taken.
# Unlimited CWD tags can by used during this either-sex season.
# Antlerless deer taken will earn hunters buck stickers for future earn-a-buck seasons.
# Landowners must sign authorization forms to grant permission to hunters.
# Permits would be available through ALIS vendors.
# Blaze orange, firearm and other deer hunting regulations will apply.
All other seasons require a regular deer hunting license. In years past, any hunter could hunt as a landowner's guest for a cost of $2. Now a nonresident can still do that, but that hunter will be limited to doing so only during the January to March season.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Spike

This is ridiculous. I have been so fed up with our dnr before this. I am speechless. I dont no what else to say about them anymore.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well this certainly changes things.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Its all about money to the DNR anymore they will wipe out the hole herd for a dollar they arent much different here in IL.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

This doesn't surprise me! They have always planned on extermination in CWD areas. This is just a different twist.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Even thou they passed this, do you really think landowners will follow up on it. I know if lived in the CWD zone I would be manageing my land my way and shooting everything in sight. Landowners need to take managment into there own hands period!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I think there will be some landowners that will take advantage of this. And this little stunt from the DNR is their answer to the hunting populations complaints about them killing off the herd. They give you the soft sell of all the other things they passed this year, then... oh by the way. If your a landowner or know an landowner and want to shoot unlimited numbers of more deer for a small fee... we will let you do that. I have about lost all faith with the DNR and their herd management. Do they really think they are going to shoot off every single deer in southern Wisconsin?

I finally have a doe and a small nubbin buck that come in my yard each evening to eat my green grass lawn. There used to be a doe fawn with them, but she disappeared. I figure it might have been traffic, wolves, or even a bow hunter. But I hope not a bow hunter. It sure is a pleasure to watch them. And I decided, no one will be hunting my property, or crossing it to the National Forest I border.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's just sick to hear. I've hunted Central Wisconsin a few times and had a great time. With something like this, I don't think I'll be heading back up there anytime soon to deer hunt. I hope the insurance companies are giving them a lot of money because the amount of money that they are losing on tourism dollars and for hunting licenses has to be quite high. You have to wonder what the person who has the absolute final say on this is thinking.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Wow that is just sickening. What do they hope to accomplish other than pissing off the hunters? Good job DNR destroy the wi deer heard just a little more..
Old 10-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

the dnr here are just plain stupid. im ashamed to say im from wisconsin. they need to start pulling there heads out of eachothers butts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.