Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI Success?

Old 10-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sat for 9 hours, saw no deer at all. Lots of fresh rubs and a few scrapes, but nothing would come into my Primos call.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Shot this guy last night and recovered him this morning. I got the whole story posted under the "whitetail hunting" thread. The name is "Another hunter with a sleepless night"
Attached Thumbnails WI Success?-buck2010.jpg   WI Success?-buck20102.jpg  
Old 10-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Spike

Couldve jumped out of the tree onto a nice 11 pt and slayed him but couldnt due to stupid doe hunt!!!! But got two nice sized does after that so were all good!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

guys - i've hunted minnesota all my life, this is my first year bow hunting in wisconsin and i have to tell you it blows away mn bow hunting!! Your state is made for bow hunting. i'm so jealous!!!!!

2 weeks ago a buddy and i both saw about a 120-130 bruiser (i'm from mn, anything over 110 is a bruiser in my book ), we saw him at 5pm on our first night hunting. last weekend i saw a little 4 point chasing a doe all over by me. he was really juiced up. stomping his feet and grunting with every step. nice to see that. hopefully the big boys will catch on this weekend. i'll be in the siren area. good luck everyone!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=RackLuster;3707400]guys - i've hunted minnesota all my life, this is my first year bow hunting in wisconsin and i have to tell you it blows away mn bow hunting!! Your state is made for bow hunting. i'm so jealous!!!!!

QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I'm from wisconsin but the past 3 years i've hunted minnesota gun. I've seen a total of 4 deer in minnesota those years.
<------- The profile pic happens to be one of those 4 deer i saw in minnesota haha
Old 10-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sat Wed. morning and seen two 1.5yr old bucks then I got down and went for a short little walk to check things out and I kicked up a 130 class buck in some tall grass. Tonight I watched over a clover field and seen 11 does and fawns, no bucks (no shots). I'm getting some dandys on camera over scrapes.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

They are starting to move pretty good in S.E. Wisconsin. A lot of guys knocking down good bucks the last couple days.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bukmastr
They are starting to move pretty good in S.E. Wisconsin. A lot of guys knocking down good bucks the last couple days.
One of the decent bucks on our property has half his rack snapped off already and I have seen plenty of fighting the last three days. It stinks that they are calling for 60mph gust Wed/Thu and south winds. Im going out anyways. Good luck everyone
Old 10-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

I've only seen one 2.5 year old buck this year while on stand, and even at 17 yards, I had no shot. I have passed on 5 small bucks.

Not seeing the big boys yet.... but the cameras prove they are around, just nocturnal.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Not the biggest buck in the world, but I decided before the hunt if a good 2 1/2 came by and I could take it on film I would. I did a 2 day trip with my wife Carol to some public land a couple hours from home. I went to a public property a friend showed me a couple years ago ( Thanks Bob ) I picked a spot where I had action last year... I put the stand in a cut near the top. There was some good buck sign passing thru and bedding to both sides along the ridge.
about 4:30 in the afternoon the buck came cruising in. As luck would have it he took a path that lead him to the base of my tree. 5 sticks up I was a bit surprised when he looked up and saw me... We had a stair down for a minute or so then he turned to run. He hesitated for a second and an arrow was launched... Right dead smack in the middle of a 2 inch dia. tree...
He bolted out to thirty yards and made the deadly mistake of hesitating long enough for me to reload. This time the arrow found its mark...
I saw him go down in a thick bedding area 50 yards from me. Then as I was just about to sit back down I heard another one coming and looked up to see an 8 point with a big rack heading past on the bottom of the cut out of range. Out of desperation I gave a couple grunts and turned him around and he started coming in slow and cautious. At about 50 yards and headed strait for me the "dead" buck suddenly started kicking and rolled down the ridge sending the next potential victim into overdrive heading the opposite direction...