Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Illinois hunters, a little  gtg to honor a disabled vet >

Illinois hunters, a little gtg to honor a disabled vet

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois hunters, a little gtg to honor a disabled vet

Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Illinois hunters, a little gtg to honor a disabled vet

Illinois hunters near Meredosia:

I am fortunate to be among a group of folks sponsoring a combat wounded veteran for a bowhunt on our lease in Brown County. Joe Jenkins, our combat wounded warrior, is seargent from southwestern PA and was shot in the back in Iraq paralyzing him from the chest down. As a complication of his injuries, he had a series of strokes this past May costing him the use of his right arm as well. He is able to use a crossbow with a rest atached to his automated wheelchair. This will be his first hunt since his strokes.

Several folks, individuals and businesses have worked together to send Joe and his brother Jim on this hunt but most have declined any publicity preferring to simply give something back to someone who has given so much for his country.

At the end of his hunt, we will be having a little get together in his honor at a restaurant/bar known as The Approach in the town of Meredosia along the Illinois River. The time and date are Thursday October 28 at around 7:30. It'd be great to have a good turnout. If your in the area, stop by and thank our hero and hopefully hear his success story!

The approach has great food if you're hungry and adult beverages for those who happen to be thirsty.

No reservations are necessary but if you plan to stop by, it'd be great if we could give the owners of the Approach a heads up as to approximately how many we might see there.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Spike

Wish I would be up there that week, will be a week late. You are doing a great thing taking this hero on a hunt. Good luck with the hunt and thanks.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Bt- You know I'll be there to thank Joe for his service and sacrifice.

Good luck in PA until you get back to IL.

LLBUX
Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE:

Awe shucks! I won't be there until the 12th of November, but please, please, please convey my thanks to him for his sacrifice. I really cannot put into words my gratitude.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

Thank a fellow hunter and wounded warrior
October 28-7:30 PM
Approach Restaurant
Meredosia, IL