Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL Sound Off

Old 09-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Spike

Default IL Sound Off

Hey all. I'm excited for the IL opener this Friday and can hardly contain myself. How do you all think the season is gonna turn out this year? I wanna keep this thread so we can keep up with trends in deer activity, particularly in the southern half of the state. My woods are looking good, but the deer seem to be taking a peculiar travel route this year. They seem to be passing through the thickest part rather than going through the fields. That is definitely not the norm and I don't really have many oaks around.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Spike

im ready to go as well. it will unfortunately be sat afternoon before i can make it out though. i really havent seen alot of movent at all so far. they dont seem to even be hitting the acorns yet around here.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Spike

Default Off to good start

I work for a local processor and we got alot of deer in first week.most of crops are out that helps.Only going to get better.Good Luck
Old 10-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

I'll be out there Nov. 8th-15th. My first trip out from PA. Hunting a private farm in Cumberland County. Keep us updated fellas!
Old 10-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

seeing tons of deer so far in schuyler county...had to pass on a decent buck the other night...there were a few does real close and didnt wanna get busted by them...the buck will be back tho..then he is mine! lol
Old 10-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Spike

Went out opening weekend in Randolph County. Jumped 5 deer going in. They were bedded in a spot where they don't normally bed. Conditions were horrible for hunting. Heading back out next weekend.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Fork Horn

killed two does on opening weekend and another yesterday deer are really feasting on acorns. Farm I hunt is just on the south side of the perry , washington county line
Old 10-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Spent a few days in Brown County for the opener. Lots of deer but no good bucks.

We put out a trailcam near a blind we set up for a paralyzed vet who will be hunting the last week of November and got over 100 pics of 5 different bucks in the 120-135 range right in front of his blind! We're keeping away from that area now till he can hunt it.

Cant wait to get back at it the end of next week!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Spent a few days in Brown County for the opener. Lots of deer but no good bucks.

We put out a trailcam near a blind we set up for a paralyzed vet who will be hunting the last week of November and got over 100 pics of 5 different bucks in the 120-135 range right in front of his blind! We're keeping away from that area now till he can hunt it.

Thats a wonderful thing your doing for him... I hope you BOTH connect with a good deer!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter

You and your crew rock! And I hereby award you a genuine Uncle Matt Atta Boy! award!

Wear it with pride!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.