Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Things busted loose in the woods this morning, counted no less than 6 bucks running does this morning.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by onion721
Things busted loose in the woods this morning, counted no less than 6 bucks running does this morning.
That is what I want to hear. Lets hope that the cooler temperatures this weekend really ramp up activity for the shotgun opener. It looks like it won't be a total washout this Saturday.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by D Rock
That is what I want to hear. Lets hope that the cooler temperatures this weekend really ramp up activity for the shotgun opener. It looks like it won't be a total washout this Saturday.
Saw nothing today
Old 11-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted a property for the first time this morning. I seen 10 deer. One 6 point, 2 buttons, the rest does. Pretty evenful morning. Tonight i went to a spot owned by my brothers friends family as it is much closer to home then where i went this morning, i got soaked from the rain and seen 3 does way out. Tomorrow i am going back up to where i was this morning.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slow morning today and windy. I only seen 2 does and they were acting real uneasy with the wind. I won't be back out until later this week sometime.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Missed a stud 10 pointer today, came into rattling at 7:40 am, 40 yard quartering away shot on the first miss, 60 yard broadside on the second miss.

Looked for hit signs, found a shattered sapling at the second miss, then found a hit vine at the first miss.

Only deer I saw during 3 straight days of hunting, 2 different counties.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

I think things will be busting loose this week and next. I am going to get my boy in the bus tomorrow morning and hit the woods. It is raining today and should rain until late tonight. Tomorrow should (and I stress should!!!) be AWESOME!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got this nice lookin 9 this morning. My biggest buck so far. I used the can call at about 7:15 and within minutes this buck came running in behind me. He was on me so quick i had problems getting situated for the shot. He turned and started to head to the fence that separates the 2 properties and then he heard the click on my safety. He turned and looked at me and i shot and hit more forward then i would have liked. It ended up taking another round to finally end it

Old 11-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Great buck, congrats.
Ain't the can a wonderful thing?

Oh and are those scrapes I see?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by onion721
Great buck, congrats.
Ain't the can a wonderful thing?

Oh and are those scrapes I see?
Those aren't scrapes i don't think, i took the pics on the plowed path that the landowner has around the property. I think those are just areas that have been worn. There are numerous scrapes on the property however,especially along the ditch bank back by where i shot him.

I have had good luck with the can call and the grunt tube. Probably my favorite 2 calls, i never leave home without em during the rut. This deer was on me almost as soon as i sat the thing down. It was the quickest hunt of my life lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.