Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-30-2010, 04:30 AM
Spike

im sorry to hear that big buck, many people around here are weird about it also
Old 10-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by indiana/arrower
im sorry to hear that big buck, many people around here are weird about it also
Yeah i never expected this from this man. He and his family have been friends of our family for almost 30 years. He comes to some of our family functions and all, his wife sees and talks with my mom at my moms work pretty regularly. I have hunted there for 10 years and asking him every year to hunt was more of a formality. I'm still a little stunned honestly. I took down all of my stand yesterday, they are sitting in my shed. If i don't find something soon i may be sitting out my first deer season since i was 11 years old.

I don't really have any promising connections. There is an outfitter up here that owns 14,000 acres that offers memberships to hunt whenever you want, at this point i may be forced into something like that just to get through this season until i find something else. I figure this late in the game, i'm probably going to have to spend money to hunt, be it on a lease or otherwise. I may try knocking on doors but i'm not holding out much hope that it will get me anywhere. That is a tough sell to begin with and usually the ones who tell ya yes are the ones who told the entire county yes as well.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:05 AM
Spike

saw the same 6 or 8 point, and a doe last night, while my buddy 50 yds away saw a doe and two yearlings. he shot the doe, im kinda glad he did because her leg was all infected and torn up either from barb wire or a coyote. when we got down, her yearling kept blowing over where we found her
Old 10-31-2010, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbuckOO
I'm in shock. I called the friend of the family this morning where i have hunted for 10 years and he told me he is allowing no hunting this season. I have no place to deer hunt. I managed to wiggle out of the family trip to Gatlinburg to go hunting and now i find out my spot of over 10 years if off limits. Unbelievable. His reasoning was because he had too many people in there last year. Didn't make any sense to me as he's the one who gave them all permission in the first place.
Bummer

You don't have any state land in your area?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

It almost sounds like there was a bunch of money involved for him to that to a close friend.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by onion721
Bummer

You don't have any state land in your area?
Mississinewa is about a half hour away, but i'd sit out a season before i would hunt a place like that. Just my preference. Very very crowded from what i have heard.

I did luck out though and get a place to hunt today. My wife is an OB Nurse and got me permission at one of the doctors house. He lives just outside city limits on a private road, he is the very last house on the road and lives in a woods that stretches almost a mile and a half long and has a huge lake about 300 yards or so to his east. He only lets one person hunt and nobody had asked this year so it is me by myself in here. I'm not sure how much he owns yet but am going over there on Monday to talk to him and take a look. Looks nice from google earth though. Says he has deer coming into his yard and eating his plants.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about your luck bigbuck. Hopefully something will work out for you. Almost one week to go until shotgun opener and I can't wait. I am hunting on my parent's property in Monroe county. This year my dad and I have decided that if a deer that is not a young buck presents a shot it is going down. We have had too many does in our area lately. I think it is the time to take care of that. We have had two nice 9 points on our trail cameras but you just never know what will show up once the rut kicks in. It looks like we will have some nice weather for opening weekend. Not too cold and not too hot. Good luck to everyone!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

Taken from Crane
Old 11-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

killed in the state of Ohio
Old 11-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I ended up securing a 2nd place to hunt this weekend. A good friend that works with my wife said her dad owned about 30 acres but he doesn't hunt there as his family has some prime hunting ground in another location. I went out there yesterday to check it out and he had some real hogs mounted on his wall. Anyways it's not a bad area, has a creek that runs around the perimeter of the woods, and the neighboring properties are very thick and only hunted by 1 person on each property. The landowner has bowhunted back there a few times during the week after work and has seen 6 different bucks. I can see why he would hold out though after seeing what he has shot at his other ground. I saw at least 25 scrapes and a lot of good trails. He had a stand already up and told me i could use it and i put up one of my own as well. Been shooting the gun the last 2 days, it's ready to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.