HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Midwest Rut- early or late this year? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/328261-midwest-rut-early-late-year.html)

Spring tom 08-23-2010 11:33 AM

Midwest Rut- early or late this year?

Let's hear your predictions- early or late or hunt as much as you can.

rab123 08-23-2010 04:00 PM

most midwestern states have an expanding deer herd and i think the rut will get later and later with so many does.a really good prolonged cold snap would help out.so,im guessing a late rut unless it gets cold and stays cold.

SuperRedHawk 08-26-2010 08:51 AM

My guess, the same as it's been the last 100 years or so. ;)

WIbuckchaser 08-26-2010 06:34 PM

If I had my choice I'd be out there every day from the last week in October through November, that way I know I won't miss it.

FF/EMT 08-28-2010 11:35 AM

Alsheimer is predicting a classic rut. So i would agree with what SuperRedHawk said. :)

Spring tom 08-30-2010 04:34 AM

Here's to you finding the rut the same as the last hundred years:poke:

And don't we all wish we could be in a tree Oct 27th thru Nov 24th. When I make my millions I'll just have to take the whole month off and try that :lmao:

BigDaddy12t 08-30-2010 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Spring tom (Post 3672590)
Here's to you finding the rut the same as the last hundred years:poke:

And don't we all wish we could be in a tree Oct 27th thru Nov 24th. When I make my millions I'll just have to take the whole month off and try that :lmao:

Last year I had the whole month of October, and the first 3 weeks in November off, to bad it was because I was laid off, but it did work out for hunting.:p

timmyzimmy 08-30-2010 06:31 AM

I don't care the year and I can't control the weather but I always got to be in my stand Nov 4th thru the 9th. Seemed a lil late last year. They were still chasing during gun which is week before Thanksgiving. But a day or two plus or minus of this is pretty consistent. So I always take off the first week of Nov. to be sure.

PY Antlers 08-30-2010 09:27 PM

The rut will happen about the same time it always does. The intensity of it depends on the temp. more than anything that I have seen over the last 35 years of bow hunting. I will hunt it like I have for the past 12 years or so, from Oct. 30 until Nov. 28 I will be in a tree everyday unless I'm driving to another state to be in a tree. If I tag out I will use the camara

YooperMike 08-31-2010 07:59 AM

I'm pulling for the 1st week of Nov to be the peak of chasing. I'm off that whole week. That is also the dark phase of the moon, which can somewhat slow the nighttime chasing activity. So, we shall see! Last year's rut was affected greatly by the amount of crops still in, around here anyway. The rut obviously happened, but I think alot of the classic chasing happened behind the cover of cornstalks.