Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Midwest Rut- early or late this year? >

Midwest Rut- early or late this year?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Midwest Rut- early or late this year?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Spike

Default Midwest Rut- early or late this year?

Let's hear your predictions- early or late or hunt as much as you can.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Spike

most midwestern states have an expanding deer herd and i think the rut will get later and later with so many does.a really good prolonged cold snap would help out.so,im guessing a late rut unless it gets cold and stays cold.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

My guess, the same as it's been the last 100 years or so.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I had my choice I'd be out there every day from the last week in October through November, that way I know I won't miss it.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

Alsheimer is predicting a classic rut. So i would agree with what SuperRedHawk said.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:34 AM
Spike

Here's to you finding the rut the same as the last hundred years

And don't we all wish we could be in a tree Oct 27th thru Nov 24th. When I make my millions I'll just have to take the whole month off and try that
Old 08-30-2010, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Spring tom
Here's to you finding the rut the same as the last hundred years

And don't we all wish we could be in a tree Oct 27th thru Nov 24th. When I make my millions I'll just have to take the whole month off and try that
Last year I had the whole month of October, and the first 3 weeks in November off, to bad it was because I was laid off, but it did work out for hunting.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

I don't care the year and I can't control the weather but I always got to be in my stand Nov 4th thru the 9th. Seemed a lil late last year. They were still chasing during gun which is week before Thanksgiving. But a day or two plus or minus of this is pretty consistent. So I always take off the first week of Nov. to be sure.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

The rut will happen about the same time it always does. The intensity of it depends on the temp. more than anything that I have seen over the last 35 years of bow hunting. I will hunt it like I have for the past 12 years or so, from Oct. 30 until Nov. 28 I will be in a tree everyday unless I'm driving to another state to be in a tree. If I tag out I will use the camara
Old 08-31-2010, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pulling for the 1st week of Nov to be the peak of chasing. I'm off that whole week. That is also the dark phase of the moon, which can somewhat slow the nighttime chasing activity. So, we shall see! Last year's rut was affected greatly by the amount of crops still in, around here anyway. The rut obviously happened, but I think alot of the classic chasing happened behind the cover of cornstalks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.