Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Midwest Rut- early or late this year? >

Midwest Rut- early or late this year?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Midwest Rut- early or late this year?

Old 09-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by YooperMike
I'm pulling for the 1st week of Nov to be the peak of chasing. I'm off that whole week. That is also the dark phase of the moon, which can somewhat slow the nighttime chasing activity. So, we shall see! Last year's rut was affected greatly by the amount of crops still in, around here anyway. The rut obviously happened, but I think alot of the classic chasing happened behind the cover of cornstalks.
Same here in the north part of the state. The crops where in until mid November. This year the crops should be out by mid October, the bow hunting will be awesome...
Old 09-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Spike

The Rut in Nebraska started about a week early last year..i guess i should say the peak rut usually starts around nov 15th....butt the last couple years it has been starting abour beginning of november,which I like cause I bowhunt and I dont rifle..And this year It Will start early again..pre rut sometime mid to late october...
Old 09-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE:

Shot a nice buck in IL on Nov 14th last year that was heavy into the searching phase. I'll be back about the same time this year. That last week right before shotgun season always seems to be a good one for me.