Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Info On Kansas Deer Hunting >

Info On Kansas Deer Hunting

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Info On Kansas Deer Hunting

Old 08-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Info On Kansas Deer Hunting

I have no idea about hunting Kansas except from the fact it holds many large bucks. I have a chance to hunt in the SouthEast cornor of the state in Unit# 11. My question is how is this area and this unit for deer hunting and big bucks? Also would you bow hunt or rifle hunt this area/unit?

Thank You in advance
Old 08-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

It's pretty good hunting in that area. Bigger bucks to the north and west, but that area holds more big deer than most areas of the country. Check out the Big Hill area for good public land hunting.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

I have hunted down there by a little town called Neodesha. I have seen a lot of monster bucks down in that country. I have brought home a 157" 10 point and a 165" 11 point (nets are for fish).
Old 08-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Spike

From my limited experience, that area gets a lot of out of state traffic: MO, AR, TN, and OK all well represented. I've also gone to central KS and judging by the license plates thought I was in TX. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

SE Kansas is a great place for deer. Last year there were very few out of state hunters. If you have a chance to hunt I would go for it. I was born and raised in SE Kansas so I am very familer with the territory, including the Neodesha area (which is indian for "Town surrounded by water". If you need more information PM me. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Spike

Default Big Bucks

I live in Northeast Kansas unit #10 and I know they have big ones down south. We harvested 3 Booners and 6 P&Y last year. Check to make sure the winter didn't hurnt the deer before going. Lots of guides in Kansas have seen the population being down cause of a very bad winter.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Critter Done
I live in Northeast Kansas unit #10 and I know they have big ones down south. We harvested 3 Booners and 6 P&Y last year. Check to make sure the winter didn't hurnt the deer before going. Lots of guides in Kansas have seen the population being down cause of a very bad winter.
Don't say that about a winter kill, PLEASE!!!!! I hunted IL last year and all the corn was still up!!!! I'm hunting too in unit #11 the last week of OCT with Safe Valley Outfitters. I'm from Pa and it's my first Kansas hunt!!! I can't wait!!!! Give me some good news!!! and COOL WEATHER!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Don't hunt deer, too heavy for an old un to pack out. But I have hunted quail and pheasant from Marysville to Pratt and surrounding areas, and I have found one thing out. Quite a few farmers, agriculture farmers that is, don't like DEER. Picking up a deer horn tween the tractor tires is very expensive. With a reasonable request, you might find very good private huntable land by doing a little knocking on doors. Just a sugestion.
Why is it that large bucks just meander out when your birdhunting?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Spike

I have a tag and looking to hunt public...or try to get permission. How hard does the walk-in get hunted in Zone 14?

Thanks
Old 09-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Spike

As a farmer and deer hunter in central KS I can tell you the deer population is not what it was last year. If you're from out of state be very respectful of private property, i.e. do not hunt or enter the property without permission, written if possible. Although we dislike the damage deer do to our fences and tires we dislike people entering the property owned and farmed by our families for 3 or 4 generations.

Be safe, respectful and good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.