Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
What are the best counties in Wisconsin to deer hunt? >

What are the best counties in Wisconsin to deer hunt?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

What are the best counties in Wisconsin to deer hunt?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

any county in southwest wisconsin is great for deer hunting. alot of farm land which you could probably get permission from the farmer. i live and hunt in grant county which is starting to produce some big bucks. Iowa and lafeyette county have some monster deer also
Old 07-26-2010, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
Does the name "Buffalo County, WI" ring a bell? The #1 B&C county in the U.S...

Course that's the only county I know of in wis for trophy bucks...
Bayfield or Ashland have some big bruisers. You will have to work for them though. As for Buffalo County, If you got a thousand $$ or more have at it. Most of the land is getting tied up by outfitters, not my idea of hunting.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel if you do your homework you should be able to at least see a decent buck in any county in wisconsin. The problem is getting permission. There are nice bucks everywhere. Some countys definitely have more trophys then others.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Bayfield County is #2 in the state (for B/C), and has ALOT of public land to offer.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Spike

Pierce and Pepin County.... Big ole Bluff Bucks there
Old 08-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Spike

Buffalo County uses genetically enhanced deer for their trophy stock, just like most outfitters do! Adams county has good hunting for deer and turkey. In the part where I live, there's about 450 acres of public land around me that is seldom hunted! Just like anywhere else, you have to pick and choose. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Last edited by BigBowMan; 08-24-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Spike

WOW ! Buffalo county uses "genetically enhanced" whitetails to produce their trophies ? WTF are you talking about ?
Old 09-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBowMan
Buffalo County uses genetically enhanced deer for their trophy stock, just like most outfitters do!
I have to question your logic here. Can you explain or provide proof?
Old 09-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd definitely love to see what will happen to Buffalo County when some wolves decide to wander in! And on that note, stay away from Northern WI, again because of wolves. They completely destroyed the deer herd up there. Tigerton in Shawno Cty. is very good, almost #2 to Buffalo.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Centauri
I'd definitely love to see what will happen to Buffalo County when some wolves decide to wander in! And on that note, stay away from Northern WI, again because of wolves. They completely destroyed the deer herd up there. Tigerton in Shawno Cty. is very good, almost #2 to Buffalo.
I think they are already there, I know for a fact we have them in tremp. cty, (come from the forest in BRF, planted) As stated above any of the farmland areas could produce good deer.

I hunt tremp. (my whole life)(getting pretty good) and buffalo from time to time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.