Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!! >

Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Give it 2-3 more years and the problem will have reached many towns. The wolf will end it's days again. What I want are the people responsible prosecuted severely for the deaths that will occur.

Not one child ever needed to die, not one. The first one that does in a town the parents should get a team of lawyers and sue all responsible for a trillion dollars and life in prison or eaten by the wolves they deliberately reintroduced totally disrespecting their fathers best efforts to protect their children's children from that killing machine. Any dog that indiscriminately killed like the wolf would be killed without a word about it. Anyone who didn't restrain that dog would be prosecuted.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:44 AM
bwd
Spike

People have been reporting sightings south of Adams/Friendship for several years now. I've heard them at night but never actually saw one.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

I spend a lot of time hunting near the Meadow Valley area and so far this year I have seen 2 wolves. It is very common to hear them howling at night or in the morning. Last year we saw 4. I really do not like having them around but I think the poor managment by the dnr has done a lot more to desroy the deer herd than wolves. Someone posted earlier that the statistics say wolves kill 600 deer in the area a year, if the dnr just gave out far fewer doe tags or would go back to the old days of buck only, the herd would still increase, imo.....
Old 09-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by passthrough24
I spend a lot of time hunting near the Meadow Valley area and so far this year I have seen 2 wolves. It is very common to hear them howling at night or in the morning. Last year we saw 4. I really do not like having them around but I think the poor managment by the dnr has done a lot more to desroy the deer herd than wolves. Someone posted earlier that the statistics say wolves kill 600 deer in the area a year, if the dnr just gave out far fewer doe tags or would go back to the old days of buck only, the herd would still increase, imo.....
When too many of the young are taken, you have a much reduced population two or three years later.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by country1
When too many of the young are taken, you have a much reduced population two or three years later.
good point....i guess i really didnt look at it that way
Old 10-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

im about thirty min west of portage and we have a bear
Old 10-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Why would a humain person shoot a wolf or any animal for that matter in the guts on purpose so it would wander off to die.What an absurd thing to say.Personally I believe you can tell alot about a person by the way they treat animals....I was always taught 1 shot 1 kill as quick and humainly as possible regardless of what breed
Old 10-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by oldshedhunter35
Why would a humain person shoot a wolf or any animal for that matter in the guts on purpose so it would wander off to die.What an absurd thing to say.Personally I believe you can tell alot about a person by the way they treat animals....I was always taught 1 shot 1 kill as quick and humainly as possible regardless of what breed
Think about it!
Maybe it has something to do with not getting caught!!! If there weren't PETA and tree huggers envolved with the wolf population problem, the wolf would be regulated the same as any natural resource, ie; (keep the population in check by hunting). Some times a "mans-gotta-do-what-a-mans-gotta-do."
Old 10-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

My land is in Polk County, and over the last five years, I have had 1st person encounters plus numerous trail camera photos of the wolves that frequent our property.

THe DNR consistently claims these are the same pack that live near Hayward.

So according to them, there is only 1 pack that lives in that 60 miles distance?

(I don't think so.)

But I know the neighboring farmers are "protecting" their cattle pretty vigarously.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Dampland
But I know the neighboring farmers are "protecting" their cattle pretty vigarously.
AS THEY SHOULD BE!!!!!