Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!! >

Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!!

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!!

Old 08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I find it weird that there are "about" 1 million deer in Wisconsin and "about" 1000 wolves in Wisconsin. People complain they never see a deer any more and all they are seeing are Wolves? Some either really must suck at their hunting skills or they can't tell the difference between a Fox/Coyote and a Wolf? What gives!

I mean what are the odds of not seeing a deer when there are so many and only seeing wolves where there aren't so many?
Old 08-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

Wow you guys, lol. Pretty intense! They claim there is 12-15 wolf packs in the Meadow Valley area. A pack of wolves is estimated to eat or take down 30-40 deer a year. So say there are 15 packs.....at 40 deer per pack. Thats only 600 deer in a VERY big area. They used to give out 8000 doe tags a year for that same area. People are not complaining because of them eating deer, even though they think they are, it's because they feel threatend of a wild animal that isn't afraid of anything including humans. In the food chain of the wolf.......we are in it........but not at the top of the list, lol
Old 08-03-2010, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BowHuntingFool
I find it weird that there are "about" 1 million deer in Wisconsin and "about" 1000 wolves in Wisconsin. People complain they never see a deer any more and all they are seeing are Wolves? Some either really must suck at their hunting skills or they can't tell the difference between a Fox/Coyote and a Wolf? What gives!

I mean what are the odds of not seeing a deer when there are so many and only seeing wolves where there aren't so many?

The facts are: The Clam Lake elk project is in jeopardy because the wolves are vitually eating every calf that hits the ground! The wolf has killed the deer population down to where the wolf is feeding on peoples pets. Read "Wisconsin Outdoor News". Now they are eating livestock because the deer herd has been decimated in some areas.

Now who say's there are (so many) deer? Are you a deer counter for the DNR? Thats the problem, some people can't count! I hear they count the concrete deer in peoples yards.In order to know what the true numbers are, the DnR needs land owners and hunters input.

A person first needs to know what the true deer and wolf #'s are before you say "there are so many".

Now you say ( " about a million deer and 1000 wolves" )is this fact or are we just throwing numbers that sound good on paper? Have you checked out every area in the state, where hunters are saying the herd is down because of the (wolf)? Blame the other hunters because they are'nt as good as You, with their hunting skills.

You might want to read up on the Wolf and their ways of predation.
First they kill the wild game, then livestock, and finally peoples pets.

Its Great to know there are such stealthy hunters, as yourself, in our midst.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Notice, I said "about", if it was fact, I would of stated so! Nice try.....but........Try again...........
Old 08-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

I would say the dnr in Wisconsin is worse than the wolves. The dnr says hey our deer herd is to big lets make it earn a buck, lets hand out more doe tags, or we found cwd in a deer in this area so we need to wipe them all out in that area to make sure it doesnt spread anywhere else.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BowHunter28
I would say the dnr in Wisconsin is worse than the wolves. The dnr says hey our deer herd is to big lets make it earn a buck, lets hand out more doe tags, or we found cwd in a deer in this area so we need to wipe them all out in that area to make sure it doesnt spread anywhere else.
Land owners and hunters need to manage the deer on their hunting areas. Don't squeeze the trigger if you don't have does and fawns. Waite a year and they will rebound. We have been letting the does go now for two years and I have at least seen some does this spring.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mr.mc54
Land owners and hunters need to manage the deer on their hunting areas. Don't squeeze the trigger if you don't have does and fawns. Waite a year and they will rebound. We have been letting the does go now for two years and I have at least seen some does this spring.
You sure those weren't wolves dressed up like Does......
Old 08-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BowHuntingFool
You sure those weren't wolves dressed up like Does......
Could have been, but I don't know much about the make believe world! Just Reality!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Spike

I live 20 miles southeast of the Rapids have never seen a wolf nor a coyote! The turkey and deer hunting is excellent here every year! Happy Hunting
Old 08-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBowMan
I live 20 miles southeast of the Rapids have never seen a wolf nor a coyote! The turkey and deer hunting is excellent here every year! Happy Hunting
That would be why you have deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.