Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!! >

Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!!

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 08:29 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!!

Just got back from the Prairie Chicken Booming grounds just East of Wisc Rapids and guess what?
A Wolf was seen taking out a turkey nest a meer hudnred yards form my buddies home!

I know these poeple will no longer let their dogs wander their property on the prairie with out constant supervison!

I wonder how those cattle farmers feel that Wolves are now in that area just 40 some miles north of Portage?

JW
Old 06-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by JW!
Just got back from the Prairie Chicken Booming grounds just East of Wisc Rapids and guess what?
A Wolf was seen taking out a turkey nest a meer hudnred yards form my buddies home!

I know these poeple will no longer let their dogs wander their property on the prairie with out constant supervison!

I wonder how those cattle farmers feel that Wolves are now in that area just 40 some miles north of Portage?

JW
Is it just me, or have these Wolf sightings just skyrocketed this past year or so??.. You always heard "Someone supposedly saw a Wolf" every once in a while, but now that's all I'm hearing is about Wolves in WI... Maybe I just wasn't paying attention??
Old 06-06-2010, 03:30 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Wish I would have had a camera!

It was a wolf and a big one!

JW
Old 06-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wolves are becoming an increasing concern in Wi. I have seen several wolves in the Neillsville area as well as in the WI Rapids area. We need to band together and get these things under control no matter the consequences. The DNR has openly admitted that there are too many wolves in WI now and are apparently working on a solution. What that solution is, is yet to be detirmend. The animal rights group seem to have their way no matter what, I say its time we stand up, take this issue to Washington DC and do something about it. But it may just be easier to shoot them in the guts and let them wander off and die. Theres no need for Wolves in Wi. Not in most areas of the state anyways.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BoneDriven
Is it just me, or have these Wolf sightings just skyrocketed this past year or so??.. You always heard "Someone supposedly saw a Wolf" every once in a while, but now that's all I'm hearing is about Wolves in WI... Maybe I just wasn't paying attention??
My brother in law saw one in his yard the 5th turkey season just south of Waupaca WI. There are Wolves all over now. I know there are alot of people who will gut shoot em on sight. If I ever see one taking my cattle, He's DEAD.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Dominant Buck

When wolves somehow wandered into Wisconsin up here in the Northern end, many of us voiced our concern to the DNR about them. As usual we were ignored and told that wolves are not a problem. Also there were only a few of them. Nothing to worry about. When the population of the gray wolf started to increase dramatically, we were told that there were no where near the number of wolves "we the people" who live here, suspected there was.

We better get used to the fact that wolves and other animals are all over this State. Bears in down town Verona near Madison. Sauk County, Juneau County, Columbia County reporting bear and wolf sightings. Wisconsin is getting more wild every day...
Old 06-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
Wolves are becoming an increasing concern in Wi. I have seen several wolves in the Neillsville area as well as in the WI Rapids area. We need to band together and get these things under control no matter the consequences. The DNR has openly admitted that there are too many wolves in WI now and are apparently working on a solution. What that solution is, is yet to be detirmend. The animal rights group seem to have their way no matter what, I say its time we stand up, take this issue to Washington DC and do something about it. But it may just be easier to shoot them in the guts and let them wander off and die. Theres no need for Wolves in Wi. Not in most areas of the state anyways.

I saw one off of the Interstate Just north of Portage. If I ever see one and I'm in the woods hunting, well, I'm gonna do what he ^ said!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

I live just south of the Meadow Valley wildlife area and the wolf population is out of control in my opinion. My farm is actually on the edge of a packs territory and they come through every 5-6 weeks and coyotes and deer all but disappear when there around. To top it off, there not affraid of anything. Now the big cats are showing up. Better be packing more than a bow when your out in the bush!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by cayugad
When wolves somehow wandered into Wisconsin up here in the Northern end, many of us voiced our concern to the DNR about them. As usual we were ignored and told that wolves are not a problem. Also there were only a few of them. Nothing to worry about. When the population of the gray wolf started to increase dramatically, we were told that there were no where near the number of wolves "we the people" who live here, suspected there was.

We better get used to the fact that wolves and other animals are all over this State. Bears in down town Verona near Madison. Sauk County, Juneau County, Columbia County reporting bear and wolf sightings. Wisconsin is getting more wild every day...
I totally agree.....the problem is the denial of the DNR that this would be a problem, now that it is, they are trying their "back paddle" dance again, and now, it is a federal issue that will take til the end of the Mayan Calander to get sorted out...look how long it took out west. Wyoming is still battling to get the season o.k.'d. I don't condone breaking the law, but, I know there will be alot of vigilante' management going on in most parts of the state.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a wolf cross in front of me South East of Neillsville on Hwy.73

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.