HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   wisconsin deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/322284-wisconsin-deer.html)

nappy13 04-25-2010 04:02 PM

wisconsin deer

The only way to increase the wisconsin deer herd to to call you political people. Fact

Nappy13

gunther89 04-25-2010 06:53 PM

Hate to tell you but that doesn't work. I've called mine and they don't do a darn thing. Maybe its because I live so close to Madison but if it works why is the CWD zone still in EAB, why haven't they gotten rid of the antlerless hunts in October and December?

MountainCatt 05-02-2010 05:33 AM

WI politicians HATE guns and hunters from what I can tell. Moving here from Texas was quite a shocker in regards to hunting and firearms.
Never seen so many rules and regulations in my entire life! :)

PY Antlers 07-12-2010 04:22 PM

The only way to control the deer herd is ban together with your neighbors and do it yourself. Works around me, and none of them are politicions either

mr.mc54 07-15-2010 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by PY Antlers (Post 3646334)
The only way to control the deer herd is ban together with your neighbors and do it yourself. Works around me, and none of them are politicions either

You got it!!
Manage them yourself, don't shoot does for a while and let the lil bucks grow up.:):)

cayugad 07-16-2010 06:39 PM

My friends and I have made that very decision. All does and small buck walk free. Others are just refusing to purchase a license.

Have you seen the DNR adds and mailers suggesting we need to purchase different licenses. They are hurting for money. They are closing offices all over the place. If we hunters could group together and simply no purchase a hunting license for a year or two, the financial damage it would do to the DNR and the message it would send Madison would be staggering.

BoneDriven 07-17-2010 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by cayugad (Post 3648418)
My friends and I have made that very decision. All does and small buck walk free. Others are just refusing to purchase a license.

Have you seen the DNR adds and mailers suggesting we need to purchase different licenses. They are hurting for money. They are closing offices all over the place. If we hunters could group together and simply no purchase a hunting license for a year or two, the financial damage it would do to the DNR and the message it would send Madison would be staggering.

Agreed.. but to get everyone to NOT buy a hunting license for a year or TWO would be impossible...
I'd say working with your neighbors and setting rules/restrictions on what you kill during the season would be your best bet.. yet, still no guarantees they will follow them.... Really sucks we're in the position we're in right now.

mr.mc54 07-22-2010 09:10 AM

We need to weed out the bad apples sitting in Madison, and clean out the so called leaders in the DNR . Sportsmen have to be informed before they vote. Know who to vote for and who needs to go. This will help the future and managing your land in the interim will help short term.:s1::s1:

jessejmc1979 07-22-2010 11:47 AM

What I can't understand is the DNR is closing offices all over and are hurting for money but are building a multi-million dollar building in Spooner and just tearing down the old one. They must not be in as bad of shape as we think. But back to the deer we believed them when they told us we needed to shoot all of the does to help the herd. So we shot the snot out of them. Now that we know better it's on us to not pull the trigger. Not defending them in any way but fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!