Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Brush Creek Adventures, Ohio >

Brush Creek Adventures, Ohio

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Brush Creek Adventures, Ohio

Old 04-13-2010, 05:57 AM
Spike

Default Brush Creek Adventures, Ohio

Has anybody ever hunted there and is it worth the trip to go after some whitetails?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Spike

Default Brush Creek

That area of Ohio is 1 of the best in the country. As usual you'll need to do a lot of walking, but you will have a chance to take deer. I hunted some private property that ajoins brush creek. We took several deer off of it. South East Ohio is all about timing. Hit the rut right and stay all day. 1 of my best friends has seen 2 over "200, and we have seen several 160"+. 1 of the 200" was taken over 3 miles from where he saw it. I personally in 1 week have seen 8 P&Y bucks. Missed 1. 1 piece of advise. Be very mobil and willing to move. If you sit 2 times in the same spot and see little to 0 go. Do not waste time. Hunt the terrain not the " hey this looks good". My favorite tree stand in S.E. Ohio never looks like it would be a good spot to sit, but if I could only choose 1 I know exactly where I would be. The terrain is what makes the deer use it. Good luck and Brush Creek is a good choice.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

First off, there are at least 3 different BRUSH CREEKS, a WMU, the town, and another that is part of a WMU in the west central area about 100 miles below Columbus.. I'm assuming your talking about the later...because the other two don't meet the criteria you listed.. I've never hunted there BUT Idndianabucks is correct that is the big mega bucks area of OHIO, check and see if they hunt private lands or just take you on State and National forests and local WMU's lands..why pay if you can do the same thing yourself..