Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Wisconsin turkeys...Where are they? >

Wisconsin turkeys...Where are they?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin turkeys...Where are they?

Old 04-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Spike

Default Wisconsin turkeys...Where are they?

Is it just me or does there seem to be less turkeys this year? I hunt turks in Waupaca County, Wisconsin and I just have not seen that many. Other years, the fields in this area would be full of birds but not anymore. Is the WDNR managing the turkey population similar to the deer? What do others think in Wisconsin? Are you seeing as many birds like there was in years past?
Old 04-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm asking the same question as you man! i haven't seen hardly any turkeys, even after we get done spreading manure on the fields. usually there out there picking through it
Old 04-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Last weekend I saw 4 Big Toms where I took my big Tom last year .
Old 04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

By me we have hear them in the morning and there is at least 5 or 6 in a group and i've seen 3 big toms with hens.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Spike

I hunt Waupaca Co. as well and haven't seen hardly any turkeys either. I drive around all the time just to see if they're hanging out in the fields, and I agree, the numbers seem pretty slim in comparison to previous years. Maybe that big snowstorm in December followed by the rain which froze on top limited their food supply and many didn't survive the winter. Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Spike

I hunt in Adams county. We are not seeing the numbers either. It could be that the big winter flocks are still breaking up.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very few in clark county, i do have a ton in zone 1 on my hunting lease there, looks like ill be buying an OTC tag for zone 1 for a later season...
Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

A family friend of our owns his own insurance company and he said he can you tell how good the turkey population is because he usually gets quite a few claim of vehicles hitting turkeys and this year he hasn't had any claims. So it doesnt look to good. This is in juneau county.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

We have a crap load in Manitowoc County...Problem is they are all jakes and hens!!! I Haven't saw many toms.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't seen many either. Even driving 100 miles to work I'm lucky to see 2 turkeys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.