HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Ill license fee increased. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/318908-ill-license-fee-increased.html)

Vizsla Vince 03-06-2010 08:08 AM

Ill license fee increased.

Just picked up my Il hunting license for 2010/2011. Had to pay $12.50 for the license alone! Last year I paid $13.00 for the license & habitat stamp together. guess Pat Quinn is trying to squeeze everyone he can.

salukipv1 03-07-2010 11:30 AM

I can't stand the resident vs. non-resident price differences.

I recently was reading about the price difference for tags in MT. A resident could buy an elk tag for $16, and a deer tag for $10 I think. Are you kidding me? As a non-res I don't mind paying a premium price for a quality tag in which I'm only going to hunt maybe a couple weeks max and want to get a nice animal. It probably cost more than $10 per deer tag just to print them all, and do the draws, otc equipment etc...no reason a resident can't pay $50 for a deer, and a $100 for an elk, least for a buck/bull quality tag, not a meat doe or something...

Resident fees in most places are dirt cheap IMO.

IL-Cornfed 03-07-2010 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Vizsla Vince (Post 3589627)
Just picked up my Il hunting license for 2010/2011. Had to pay $12.50 for the license alone! Last year I paid $13.00 for the license & habitat stamp together. guess Pat Quinn is trying to squeeze everyone he can.

Wait until you pay for your inceased deer and turkey tags and even your fishing license ?!?

However, when was the last time you have seen a price incease ??? It's been years since we've had a price height... we were due.

sjsfire 03-08-2010 02:31 PM

I just paid $31 and some change for a hunting/fishing lic. with a habitat stamp. I think $1.50 was the convience fee. I don't like it anymore than anyone else but it was due to go up just like everyting else. I renewed my FOID card too last fall, $5 to $10 but went from 5 years to 10 years.:rolleye0011:

NJheadhunter71 03-08-2010 03:00 PM

I think Ill. is spot on for their license fees. Even the non res aren't to bad.

dprsdhunter 03-08-2010 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by NJheadhunter71 (Post 3590899)
I think Ill. is spot on for their license fees. Even the non res aren't to bad.

Really-have you checked out how much cheaper other states are?

buttonbuckmaster 03-08-2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed (Post 3590269)
Wait until you pay for your inceased deer and turkey tags and even your fishing license ?!?

However, when was the last time you have seen a price incease ??? It's been years since we've had a price height... we were due.

Turkey permits haven't increased yet, but I'm sure its coming.

fastetti 03-09-2010 09:42 PM

As long as the money goes back into hunting activities I have no problem in the price increase. I honestly thought that the hunting licenses in Illinois were almost too cheap before. To ensure hunting in the future in Illinois, I am happy to pay the increase. A $5 increase isn't bad at all since it hasn't been raised in years.

peakrut 03-15-2010 01:35 AM

Wisconsin needs to change over to the reciperocal prices.
What your state charges non residents must pay when you come here imo.

Down&OutHunting 03-15-2010 02:12 PM

I honestly think its ridiculous because the broke state of IL. and i highly doubt the money will go back into hunting it'll go towards trying to bail ILL. out of this monster hole were in. What they should do is make ol Rod and Ryan pick up the tab for some of the extra fees since there the reason we have all these extra fees