Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Ill license fee increased. >

Ill license fee increased.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ill license fee increased.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Nonresident guests, sorry but here it goes! IMO we should leave the resident prices the same and kick up the nonresident tags, licenses, etc. It's getting harder and harder for residents to find a place to hunt due to out-of-state leases. Might as well let them help us afford our tags.

rw
Old 03-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Fee increase

Magic word here, IF? We live in the state of Chicago.

Originally Posted by fastetti
As long as the money goes back into hunting activities I have no problem in the price increase. I honestly thought that the hunting licenses in Illinois were almost too cheap before. To ensure hunting in the future in Illinois, I am happy to pay the increase. A $5 increase isn't bad at all since it hasn't been raised in years.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I could care less about reciprocal fees. I'd like to see a limit to what they charge residents vs. non-residents.

Prime examples, new mexico sheep, $163 resident, $3,187 non-resident.

MT elk res- $20, non-res $593
MT deer res- $16, non-res $343
Old 05-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by salukipv1
Prime examples, new mexico sheep, $163 resident, $3,187 non-resident.
Holy Crap!!!! I thought IL deer tags were bad...
Old 05-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

As someone who was once an official Illinois resident and now is a non-resident, i dont really have any problems with the regular resident and non-resident license and permit fees. However, the one thing that does drive me bananas is the fact that I own 29 acres of land in Illinois, but am expected to pay normal non-resident permit fees to deer and turkey hunt on it. You only get cut slack if you own 40 acres or more, which is pretty silly. People should get a cut rate as non-resident landowners whether they own five acres or 500, as long as they are hunting on it.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Spike

Lanse I own 52 acres in Illinois I bought to hunt on & retire to and I may be paying the same for my out of state landowner permits that you are paying, I`m not sure. Its ture resident landowners who have 40 acres or more do get free landowner permits. Thats why I wanted 40 or more acres when I was looking to buy, boy was I supprised that first year when I found out I was not getting free permits. The price of them have increased also. The first couple of years it was $125 for a bow permit now its $210, which I think is still cheaper than a non resident / general permit(not a landowner). About the only positive is that non residents can now buy a doe permit over the counter if they want extra doe tags.

Last edited by apointex; 05-28-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

When I got divorced 4 years ago first thing I did was move 100 yards over the IL state line, wait 30 days and file for a lifetime license. Best $210 I ever spent. Even beat the rule change so I can move back out of state and still qualify. So I don't have to buy a license any more, just $26 tags.

I apply out west every year and I am not in favor of any states huge discrepency in R/NR fees. We are all nonresidents in 49 states.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:13 AM
Spike

i hunted illinois the last 2 years as a non-resident on public land.i wont be going back.too expensive and restrictive for me.im going to another state in the midwest and hunt for 1/2 price.when that gets too expensive,and one day it will,then i will just stay home.all the states that have budget problems will keep increasing fees to pay for entitlement programs.in the long run,they will wind up losing money.a non resident hunter spends a lot of money besides license and tags.food,lodging and fuel money is also spent in that state.