Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Snow cover in SE. OH.? >

Snow cover in SE. OH.?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Snow cover in SE. OH.?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Snow cover in SE. OH.?

I would like to head out to SE. OH. (near Cambridge) to spend the weekend shed hunting but wondering how much snow is still on the ground? Im hoping most of it will be melted by Sat. afternoon ( I would arrive around 2:00 PM.)
Any info would be greatly appreciated because I could just wait and head out next weekend but I am chomping at the bit!! Thanks, Pike
Old 03-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

I know this is too late, but just in case you didn’t make it, there’s still a lot of snow, but it depends on the area. I only live about 6-7 miles from Cambridge, but we’re at a higher elevation than most surrounding areas and we had considerably more snow than Cambridge and New Concord. I just got back from Fl last night, and I can see I still have areas on the farm with 5-7” of snow. Here in New Concord where I work there looks to be maybe 3-4”, but some southern facing slopes are snow free. With warm temps alone it’ll be April before it’s gone, but with the rain coming it’ll go faster.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

my aunt said it was slowly melting off she lives in outside of logan... im hoping to go down there and scout for turkeys and look for sheds in the next few weeks so hopefully she its gone by then