Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
IL Right to Carry...Meeting >

IL Right to Carry...Meeting

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL Right to Carry...Meeting

Old 02-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have all the meetings you want.....No really, not trying to be a smart a--. Nothing will change unless the deadbeat democrats are out of the exeutive offices in Illinois. I have a CCW for the state of Pennsyvania thats good for Pennsyvania, Indiana, KY, TN, OK, TX, and a half dozen other states and I live in Illinois. I'm voting for Bill Brady if they ever figure out for sure he's got the republican nood for gov. Brady is a supporter of gun rights and CCW in Illinois.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by salukipv1
Ya what's the deal with that? I saw a sign at a gander about a utah ccw class? tell us more...?
GAT Guns runs the classes too.

You get a Florida and Utah permit and you are good to go in 33 states. The cost for the two classes is $150 and I am told the processing fees comes to another $90 or so.

I am signed up for the April sessions. I'll post up more info when I get it.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowflex, keep us posted on the details of that class. I don't have the time to do it now, but later in the year I might be able to find some time.

The problem is that all of these anti-gun people don't know what a FOID card is and don't realize that a VAST majority of the people arrested in Chicago don't have a FOID card and would not be eligible for one as well. You mention the word FOID to most of these antis never heard of it. It really shows there arrogance that they fight for something but don't even know most of the statistics on it. What we need to do is get a statistic out there on how many people arrested for gun possesion in Cook County actually had a FOID card. I think if we could get that stat out there is would really help with our cause. The problem is that I think Daley has that stat and doesn't want to release it because he knows it would hurt his case.

For me, I don't care if Its a dead end road try to get the CCW, we got to at least try. For some reason though, I have to think that this is FAR from a dead end road right now.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
You know as well as I do it will never happen thanks to Chicago.
Sad but true! Stuck in the Praire State.... Obahma land, worthless for gun owner rights!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Only a few days away...anyone going? Might check it out...Need that chicago ban lifted already...

Talk about disarming chicagoians we need an arming responsible citizens of chicago program...seriously if every home had a firearm how many burglaries would there be?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

I disagree that it will never happen in IL. First we need a gun friendly governor. Bill Brady would be an excellent start.

It will be tough fight but not impossible. Just because we are used to our rights being trampled in this state doesn't mean we should just roll over and give up.

BTW, the IGOLD march is next week!