Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
IL Right to Carry...Meeting >

IL Right to Carry...Meeting

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL Right to Carry...Meeting

Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default IL Right to Carry...Meeting

In dupage county, IL on thursday march 4,2010 at 7:00 PM they're having a meeting on the right to carry in IL.

Diplomat West Banquet Facility
601 West North Ave.
Elmhurst, IL 60126

Picked up this pamphlet at Gander Mountain about it.

Says 49 states have some form of the right to carry, IL being the only one without any form, 48 states have the right to concealed carry.

IllinoisCarry.com

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/
Old 02-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know as well as I do it will never happen thanks to Chicago.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

well put , chicago determines the fate of the whole state . i agree it will never happen
Old 02-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

I tend to agree with all three of you.

However, Richie Daley's grip is loosening. Losing out on the Olympics (even with Barack and Oprah pandering to the IOC) along with his wifes failing health (cancer)
and the decent possibility of a Republican Governor this year could spell the end of the Democratic stranglehold on this state.

In the mean time I am taking the Florida and Utah ccw classes, at least I'll be legal in 33 other states when I travel.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bowflex

However, Richie Daley's grip is loosening. Losing out on the Olympics (even with Barack and Oprah pandering to the IOC) along with his wifes failing health (cancer)
and the decent possibility of a Republican Governor this year could spell the end of the Democratic stranglehold on this state.

In the mean time I am taking the Florida and Utah ccw classes, at least I'll be legal in 33 other states when I travel.
Im a resident of Chicago and have to agree with Bowflex. With the economic situation and what went on with the Parking meter ordeal here in the city, I have to say his time is almost up here. With him out of office anything is possible and I think that is may start to inch closer than you think. I think with the DC gun law rume being overturned its giving us a little bit more leverage.

If there is a meeting in Cook County, count me in. Id have a few well respected attorneys and business owners that would be in for it as well.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

I forgot to include the Supreme Court is most likely going to overrule the Chicago handgun ban too this June.

Thanks for reminding me Fastetti.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I forgot to include the Supreme Court is most likely going to overrule the Chicago handgun ban too this June.

Thanks for reminding me Fastetti.
BINGO!

And that is what sez now is the time. Daley is a crooked, hypocritical narcisist - plain and simple. He has been dealt some good blows recently and now is the time to roll while he's trying to catch his breath.

Let's hope the federal prosecutors have something for him real soon too.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by uncle matt
BINGO!

And that is what sez now is the time. Daley is a crooked, hypocritical narcisist - plain and simple. He has been dealt some good blows recently and now is the time to roll while he's trying to catch his breath.

Let's hope the federal prosecutors have something for him real soon too.
Unlike when Blago was arrested I want to see Daley do the "perp walk" with the shiny bracelets on.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I looked at their video online....

the guy who was talking was mentiong that everyone knows there is "chicago" and then "the rest of the state of IL"

it looks like they're at least trying to pass concealed carry in the rest of the state...ie every county except Cook Co.

It blows my mind though that chicago is anti gun when everyone already knows the gun crimes are being done by non FOID owning criminals, along with felons, not by responsible foid carrying citizens.

Looks like their last meeting had 500 people attend?
Old 02-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya what's the deal with that? I saw a sign at a gander about a utah ccw class? tell us more...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.