Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Wisconsin feral hog hunting? Crawford County >

Wisconsin feral hog hunting? Crawford County

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin feral hog hunting? Crawford County

Old 06-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

Here is a link to a story ( with pic's ) about Wisconsin wild hog hunting in Crawford county. At the End the DNR talks about how many have been shot. Interesting read.
http://huntingbeast.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=53
Old 06-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Bukmastr ... an interesting read. Thanks for the posting. A small game license is necessary in order to hunt them. If the DNR is serious about keeping wild hogs out of the State, they would encourage hunters to shoot on site any hog.

I have a friend who owns a large farm in Crawford Country near Prairie du Chien. I better get a hold of him and see if he has hog problems. Him and his wife do not actually farm but they have huge gardens and flower gardens. Sound like they might have a hog or two.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Spike

I live in Crawford County too and the farm across the dirt road seen them but I never have And I have hunted Crawford County land public and private for about 15 years now. Bell Center,Gays Mills,Barnum is were most are I heard.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

" A small game license is necessary in order to hunt them."

That's a shame. I hunt LaFayette County a bit, and I'd be happy to shoot any I see, but as a non-resident, I'm not going to pay $85 for the privilege of doing so. I could have put down a few coyotes while turkey hunting, but Wisconsin requires a non-res to have a furbearer license to do so.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

For having license you can also shoot them if they at on the property that you own. Or you can shoot them with permission on somebody else property and turn the carcass over to the DNR.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Spike

Furbearer License for coyote ? Never heard that before. Wisconsin has furbearer regulations and seasons but no other license than a small game license. There are permits needed for Bobcat.