HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   IL antlerless season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/313756-il-antlerless-season.html)

cherokee75 12-30-2009 10:09 AM

IL antlerless season

Any IL hunters going out this weekend?

solocamcan 12-30-2009 03:08 PM

Yep me and a buddy are going tomorrow to Crawford Co. down by Robinson.

gabby2 12-30-2009 03:11 PM

Marshall county here.

salukipv1 12-30-2009 06:39 PM

can an unused shotgun permit still be used for a doe only during this season? not finding info saying that a shotgun permit is valid for the late season?

Okay rechecked and found it. Unused gun tag from an earlier season CAN be used for a doe during the late season...

ryanhill 12-30-2009 06:46 PM

guna be out with the bow .

cherokee75 12-31-2009 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by salukipv1 (Post 3543221)
can an unused shotgun permit still be used for a doe only during this season? not finding info saying that a shotgun permit is valid for the late season?

Okay rechecked and found it. Unused gun tag from an earlier season CAN be used for a doe during the late season...

Just saw rest of your post. Was going to tell you what you already found out. Good luck!

salukipv1 12-31-2009 12:03 PM

hey is there a bag limit in the non unlimited units? ie Jo Daviess? 1 per permit? or one per person total this season?

like can you take 2 does if you have 2 unused shotgun tags? or is the season total just 1 doe per person?

solocamcan 12-31-2009 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by salukipv1 (Post 3543786)
hey is there a bag limit in the non unlimited units? ie Jo Daviess? 1 per permit? or one per person total this season?

like can you take 2 does if you have 2 unused shotgun tags? or is the season total just 1 doe per person?

Should be 1 per permit. So if you have 2 unfilled tags, you can shoot 2 Doe's.

solocamcan 12-31-2009 12:20 PM

Well we got a mix of snow and ice late last night early this morning, then ran into thick fog so it took 3 hours to get to Robinson in what is usually 1hr 45 min. Get set up in my climber and 30 min after daylight 8 Doe's come walking in...I pick out the biggest one, look into my scope and when she stops at 50 yards, BOOM...done. Dropped her in her tracks, those Hornaday SST's are wicked.

huntingforme 12-31-2009 02:51 PM

Opinion from Wisconsin.

Watch yourselves, and your DNR. At first the idea of numerous doe tags sounds great. However, when you do this for a few years you'll see a significant reduction in the numbers of deer that you see. Take this along with the rest of your DNR tactics, such as using snipers to reduce populations, and you have yourself a recipe for harder hunting.

When this happens, don't place all the blame on the DNR, because in the end, it is hunters that fill all those tags given out.