Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ILL has gone downhill >

ILL has gone downhill

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ILL has gone downhill

Old 12-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Understand it now thanks...I feel like an idiot now. Ive been hunting all my life in Illinois and didnt know you could buy your 2 buck tags right away. Just assumed that you had to fill the two you buy over the counter before you could go purchase more.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by salukipv1
We should all send ILDNR a email or letter saying let's implement "Earn a 2nd buck tag"

If I have a chance to get a address or email I'll post it...

if they have the joint deer taskforce this year, i think that would probly be who youd have to contact.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's probably what most guys have always done...bought a 2nd tag once they took their first buck, it just allows a guy to shoot 2 bucks without taking any does is the problem.

I have talked to some guys who always carry 2 tags though, just in case say they get the chance to take two bucks rather quickly or to save the trip into town while afield after maybe taking one in the morning or just in general to avoid having to drive to town during a weekend hunt or something.

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
Understand it now thanks...I feel like an idiot now. Ive been hunting all my life in Illinois and didnt know you could buy your 2 buck tags right away. Just assumed that you had to fill the two you buy over the counter before you could go purchase more.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

yea..i think it would be good to put the EAB into effect. I wish i could be that lucky to shoot a big one and then another big one come by. The way my luck goes theyd do the EAB and id have two monsters come in. But i guess i do have two buck tags cause i get land owners and i always go buy tags for when i hunt with buddies. Which i guess if they went to the EAB how would that work for me that gets landowners. How would i be able to purchase tags so i could hunt with others?
Old 12-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Spike

Well no shortage of deer up here in NW Ill either. my opinion is this whole state is going to hell. and in three years im outta here.i see no need to pay to hunt land in my home state and thats what it pretty much boils down to now. I teach hunter Ed up here and wonder where are these kids gonna hunt in 10 years and will they be able to afford it and .
Old 12-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

i live in west central il. and outfitters have pretty much ran the county i live in (pike) into the ground . its pretty bad when a person that was born and raised in an area cant even hunt it . i would like to see more strict rules regulatin outfitters . its becoming a rich mans sport and thats not right . every body should have the oppertunity to enjoy the sport not just the man with the deepest pocket .
Old 12-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ryanhill
i live in west central il. and outfitters have pretty much ran the county i live in (pike) into the ground . its pretty bad when a person that was born and raised in an area cant even hunt it . i would like to see more strict rules regulatin outfitters . its becoming a rich mans sport and thats not right . every body should have the oppertunity to enjoy the sport not just the man with the deepest pocket .
Its the same way just east of you here in central Illinois.
Access to private land is tough and in most cases you have to out bid some one on a lease.

I personally feel the deer numbers are way down here. I think some areas have simply been way over hunted. Most guys here all say the same -they are seeing few deer and during the gun season it is amazing the low number of shots heard compared to a few years ago.
The State of Illinois is going to seriously screw up deer hunting.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Spike

heres a thought, maybe they should make it EAB for outfitters. all hunters who hunt with an outfitter should be required to shoot a doe first. not sure how it could be regulated, but its just an idea.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Demo92
heres a thought, maybe they should make it EAB for outfitters. all hunters who hunt with an outfitter should be required to shoot a doe first. not sure how it could be regulated, but its just an idea.
The hunters above are complaining about an overall lack of deer... period, so I certainly don't think that making folks shoot Does first is going to help anything.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wazzy
my opinion is this whole state is going to hell. and in three years im outta here.i see no need to pay to hunt land in my home state and thats what it pretty much boils down to now.
LOL! Thats a good one, you see no need to pay to hunt! Explain to us why you seem to think that YOU should qualify to hunt someones land for FREE! Are you serious? So the farmer/landowner should get nothing for letting you access his land as if it was you own? Here's a tip, BUY YOUR OWN LAND then and see how cheap that is for ya? I think here in the moden era, we all know the time has come that you simply can' get something for nothing. It's not an Illini problem either..... it's been tradion in many, many state for decades. Look at Texas or any of the Southern states where you must pay to join a hunt club? I hate to be your reality break.... but you can't hide from it... you're gonna PAY to hunt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.