Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
WI Whitetail Population >

WI Whitetail Population

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI Whitetail Population

Old 01-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by gunther89
Until you have amish as a neighbor and see first hand what they can do to a deer herd I stand by my statement that they have ruined deer hunting where I hunt.
I completely agree. i hunt in an area that has plenty of Amish and not only will they shoot every deer that they see in a season, but they are willing to trespass to do it. Once the guys I hunt with clear out they are all over land that is not theirs.

Also, the best way to manage deer is to manage your trigger finger.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mr.mc54
"tons of deer?" second hand information? Who's to blame? this is an uneducated post.

First of all, the native Americans, as a general rule respect our natural resources more than any white man. I am a white man who has read and am informed on this subject. Race has nothing to do with violators!! People who violate are greedy and selfish.
The Native Americans were here first and history will back me up on this one, they only take what they need. Sure there are violators of every race, however, we need to be careful not to lump a whole race into the problem.
You sir, have obviously never hunted in Washington State, where they take more fish and game than they could ever eat. Regardless of who was "here first" this land is not theirs and they are no better stewards of that land. If they were then would the reservations look as they do? I have seen the decimation to some smaller elk herds done by small groups of Native Americans, AND White folks. As far as only taking what they need, then can you explain why the Makah Indians took a whale? did they "need" that whale. Do the Puyallup Indians need to take hundreds of thousands of Salmon? the answer is, No they don't but they do. Because they can.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

You are correct about the amish walking on land they can't hunt. We catch them on our land every year but our grandpa who owns the land says he has to be a good neighbor and not complain and they amish know this so they do it anyway. Also one amish was joking about how he said he had a trigger finger because he shot 4 deer with his gun.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by huntingforme
You sir, have obviously never hunted in Washington State, where they take more fish and game than they could ever eat. Regardless of who was "here first" this land is not theirs and they are no better stewards of that land. If they were then would the reservations look as they do? I have seen the decimation to some smaller elk herds done by small groups of Native Americans, AND White folks. As far as only taking what they need, then can you explain why the Makah Indians took a whale? did they "need" that whale. Do the Puyallup Indians need to take hundreds of thousands of Salmon? the answer is, No they don't but they do. Because they can.
Spoken like a true "cracker" A native American should never take more that he or she needs (save it for the Cracker) I am not sure if the Native American is a better steward or not, but I do know they couldn't be much worse!!! before you start knocking the reservations take a look at your own ghettos, and don't forget it was the "cracker" who created them, Why? because the native American were eating to much Game!!! give me a break!!!, The crackers want to get rid of the wolves, coyotes, eagles, hawks, why??? they are eating too much of the "Crackers" game, by the looks of this post the Amish may be next. The Maskah take a whale (Big F'ing deal) because it is part of there heritage. It seems to me the "Cracker" holds lotteries for High rolling "Crackers" to hunt some of our more exotic animals. Yes the Native American takes a lot of salmon, Have you ever seen the "Crackers" net fish in AK??? well, it is all but done now, The Cracker over fished!!! go try and catch a cod in the north Atlantic, Oh bow to the Great Cracker, but don't take his deer or fish.

I think you hunters from Wisconsin should wake up, the dnr is doing the right thing, the state was being overrun with stunted, diseased animals, I think they want to wipe out the herd and start over, for years it was DEER SHOOTING, NOT DEER HUNTING!!!! You are going to have to learn to hunt, Oh wait a minute--- it was the wolves, coyotes, Native Americans, The Amish, Uh--well--uh could it be me????? Oh NO Not the cracker!!!!!!!! Doc
Doc

Last edited by DocD; 01-14-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Then dnr makes the rules, they can be responsible or not.

I've heard for years that 750,000 is the number that must be reached to have a herd that can be hit hard and recover. Funny they chose a lower number like that.

Why would the state not play both sides? Hunters won't stop buying tags and those that want the herd smaller wont stop trying to "influence" the state to do it. As long as there's money to be made you can forget any loyalty.

Have said for years hunters are there own enemies because they can't shut up, we just have to brag and boast and doing that to a politician is bad medicine. If the government of WI didn't know how obsessed you guys are about deer hunting and your addiction to it, you'd probably never here a word about it. But your like crack addicts and they know it. They sell the bad medicine you desire. So what if they cut it with crap, you'll still buy it and they can seel some to whoever else wants some deal.