Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
how to get the point to wisconsin dnr?! >

how to get the point to wisconsin dnr?!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

how to get the point to wisconsin dnr?!

Old 11-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default how to get the point to wisconsin dnr?!

I was talking to many hunters during the 9 day gun deer season and many of them said that they would like to be able to get a bunch of hunters to unite and make a group of people that would not buy any licenses from the DNR in 2010. They said if we could get 25% of hunters to do it think of what kind of point we would send to the DNR. So basicaly what is your thouts on this and how could we send are point to the dnr the best. I know there are meetings that the dnr has and stuff like that but we need a way to make them wake up and lisen do you think it is posible to do this by making a club that hunters can join that will fight aginst the wdnr. Tell me what you guys think thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Spike

Default Wisdom from your napp13

The best way to deal with this is the write/call polistions and change will happer. Forget the speaking forums and polls. Thar you got it
Old 11-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

i have been writing to them for years but they don't change we need to do much more
Old 11-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

what are you trying to tell them?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

I think shutting down land from hunting is a big way to show them how we feel about them. Last year there was a group that had about 1000 acres that was going to be shut down from hunting and others around the state said they would do the same thing. After that the DNR said they were going to cut the EAB but now with numbers being down again this year they will most likely bring it back. I am sick of what they are doing to the deer herd in Wisconsin.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Spike

The DNR gets the point..........they don't care. Meetings were attented this spring and fall with overwhelming hunter opposition to what they are doing and guess what. In one ear and out the other. They just don't care. For me, next year I will be heading to Illinois a few times to hunt down there, can only take so many days sitting in a tree and seeing absolutely nothing. Anything that can get organized, count me in. I'm totally disgusted with the deer management of this state.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Has anyone heard the number of license sold this year and the early deer number reports? I wonder how much they differ from the past five years.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Spike

Once corrected for the new spike in youth sales brought on by the mentored hunting law that went into effect this year, it looks like a drop in deer tag sales dropped considerably. Last year's gun deer license sales were 642,419 and this year's was 616,812 (once the 9,592 10 and 11 year olds were subtracted that werent available last year) This is a drop of 25,600. That is the largest single year drop since the CWD scare of 2002 which reduced deer tag sales by 70,000. The only other year that showed a larger one year drop took place exactly 30 years ago when deer tag sales dropped by 27,500 from 1978 to 1979.

The opening weekend numbers are here
Old 11-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

We can blow smoke up the DNRs butts all year round about the deer heard and all the proposed hunting seasons for next year but it comes down to one point...the DNR is going to do what they want to do regardless. Its all about money for the DNR, they dont care about the herd, they dont care about the hunters, all they see is $$$$$. To get 25% of hunters to not by a license may be hard to accomplish. But its a great thought. I think once the final numbers are in this week, I have a feeling they may get the point. But they arent going to admit it. They will blame it on the warm weather and say there just werent the hunters out there. Thats complete BS and we all know that and so does the DNR.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is it that you are actually trying to say to the DNR? That you want to shoot a deer because you bought a license? That you want a big buck? Tell us more...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.