Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

FOID sucks

Old 11-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default FOID sucks

...still waiting on my card, and opening day is Friday.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

How long does it take, and how screwy would it make my life - to change residencies to Wisconsin...before tomorrow..

Can I just go into a WI DMV? I have an address in WI.

thing is that a WI resident can come to IL and hunt no problem, but me...living in IL, i have to have this card to hunt.

I always claim Wisconsin anyways, to damn bad my bed is in IL

Last edited by JW; 09-06-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: language
Old 11-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

how long have you been waiting? give ISP a call.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
how long have you been waiting? give ISP a call.
Probably your best bet. Are you renewing or getting a brand new card? If renewing, call ISP and see if you can use your expired card until the new one arrives. ISP is notoriously slow processing FOID cards. They may cut you slack as long as you're in the system. Good luck!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Spike

Kid, nice try but i highly doubt that you will get away with this one. I had to sit out 2nd season last year, however it was my own fault for not sending in for my card earlier. How long ago was it that you sent in for your FOID card?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

It's a renewal.

I got my letter around Oct 1 ( because I was like wow, I have a month and a half to get this done )

Then due to work hours, and having to get a "real" picture printed - so i got it in the mail on the 10th. They cashed the check 4-5 days later..

Then today, I tried calling and haven't gotten a live person yet. I'm at work, and every time I call its a 20-30min wait, or its busy.

Last edited by JW; 09-06-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: language
Old 11-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

No offence intended to any fellow IL residents, but this is just yet another reason I hate "living" in Illinois. The only things that tie me to IL in any way shape or form are my ID, Driver's Licence & my FOID. I cant wait to shred all 3 some day.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Illini_Fan
Kid, nice try but i highly doubt that you will get away with this one. I had to sit out 2nd season last year, however it was my own fault for not sending in for my card earlier. How long ago was it that you sent in for your FOID card?
Yeah, I figured it would be a long shot at best, but considering the alternative...............
Old 11-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Spike

Now dont take this as the bible, but our local law enforcement says if you have your expired card and a copy of your cashed check, you are ok. Dont know if this is right, but it was what i was told when i called.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too late to help you but I ran into the same problem this summer. Mine was due and I sent it in with plenty of time to spare. Then I waited and waited , and waited some more. I got tied of being jerked around by ISP and called my state rep. I had it three days later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.