Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
mn deer opener results >

mn deer opener results

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

mn deer opener results

Old 11-09-2009, 03:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default mn deer opener results

Well, how did everyone do this opener? We did terrible and heard hardly a shot fired anywhere. Word from other crews was it was very slow up in the N. Mn Grand Rapids area....how did you all do?
Old 11-09-2009, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted near cromwell with a group of 4 and I saw two does, and one of my buddies shot a 4 pt buck. That's all that anybody saw all of opening weekend. I was expecting them to be running around like rut crazed idiots but they aren't even thinking about it yet up there. The buck my buddy shot's neck was tiny not even starting to get swollen yet. But it was still better than work!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting... I didn't get good reports from my buddies in SE MN and NW MN, I bowhunted here in WI on Sunday morning and expected lots of deer movement but it was dead. I hope things pick up, I'm headded to Bemidji next weekend.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunted for 3 hours both mornings, and 3 hours both evenings, and didnt see a dang thing. I am in South East Minnesota, just South of Austin. Its funny, I havnt seen any ruttiing activity at all around here. But I have a buddy who hunts about an hour Straight East of me, and he claims that the bucks over there have been chasing the does like crazy over there for the last 2 weeks. I have all week off this week, (actually I have been layed off since September) so I wil be out every day this week, hopefully the farmers will get some of the corn out, and it cools down a little bit by next weekend. GOOD LUCK to everyone this week!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Spike

I heard the bucks were running like crazy this past weekend. I'm tagged out so I wasn't hunting, but my buddy shot a small 8 point, my brother shot a big 8 point and my brothers nephew shot a nice 9 point. And from what I heard they were seeing bucks all day long.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mnbuckman
I heard the bucks were running like crazy this past weekend. I'm tagged out so I wasn't hunting, but my buddy shot a small 8 point, my brother shot a big 8 point and my brothers nephew shot a nice 9 point. And from what I heard they were seeing bucks all day long.
Where were they hunting at?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out bow hunting and only heard about 2 dozen shots around me,I did arrow a 8 pointer last night tho...

It usealy sounds like a gun range opening day morning but think this warm weather has slowed it down around me....

Iam between Dent and Vergas....
Old 11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Where were they hunting at?
southern scott county
Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok, including some bow hunts, my last 8 sits, I have not seen a deer! I thought this was suppose to be prime time?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

Oh -Oh, You guy's are starting to have the same problem as WI. The DNR says there are lots of deer, but they are invisable to the hunters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.