HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Jackson Co, Wi (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/308744-jackson-co-wi.html)

straightshotbassman 11-02-2009 10:43 AM

Jackson Co, Wi

So I will be heading up to my cabin Thursday night to get a good weekend of bowhunting in. I havent been to my cabin yet this fall and I am really looking forward too it. My cabin is near Hatfield/Black River Falls and I was wondering if anyone is hunting this area too and what kind of rutting action is happeneing?

mrMONEYman 11-02-2009 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by straightshotbassman (Post 3492623)
So I will be heading up to my cabin Thursday night to get a good weekend of bowhunting in. I havent been to my cabin yet this fall and I am really looking forward too it. My cabin is near Hatfield/Black River Falls and I was wondering if anyone is hunting this area too and what kind of rutting action is happeneing?

I just returned from a weekend archery hunt in La Crosse (hunted in Vernon county). Lots of scrapes and rubs. Lot of deer activity also, but mostly doe sightings. Seems like the deers are moving at dusk more than in the morning. Should be getting better in the next week or so. Can't wait.

MALLARDMAN21 11-06-2009 02:09 PM

My dad and his buddy from work were up there last weekend and they saw very few deer. The said the rutting seemed to happen as they were leaving on tuesday. Saw two bucks, and the rest were does. It should be picking up this weekend and next week. they hunted in the hatfield area. That is where we gun hunt also.

buckmaster68 11-08-2009 05:21 PM

It all happened early this year and has slowed down now that it is warm again. Tuesday thru Friday were probably the best days out. I have seen a shooter buck every one of them days. Wednesday I seen 5 different shooters in the morning. Just has not worked out yet. Some of the does are back with there fawns already or not bred yet. Mornings are the best. They are not moving til late in the day and about the time they show up it is too dark. Probably because of the warm days.
Good Luck and have a safe hunt.

H80Hunter 11-10-2009 06:26 AM

My grandparents have 80 acres near Alma Center (between Alma Center and Northfield, closer to Alma Center) and I bowhunt there. The last two weekends... The Oct 31 & Nov 1 weekend was very good. My grandpa shot a smallish 9 pointer, I saw a big 8 point that came in to a bleat call (and then outfoxed me). We saw a few 6 pointers chasing does and a GIANT 10 pointer on Hwy 95 between Merrillan and Alma Center.
This past weekend (the 7th and 8th) was very dead. Temps were in the mid 60's during the day, and me and my buddy only saw 1 deer, which was a nubby buck that I took.

wis_bow_huntr 11-16-2009 03:40 PM

SLOW SLOW SLOW lol.

william75 11-16-2009 08:12 PM

I was between hatfield and millston two weeks ago, you will want to bring a yatzee game couple of books, and wolf repellant (or a shovel)

MALLARDMAN21 11-18-2009 05:46 PM

I do not want to see a wolf, or a yatzee game unless im done, and got a deer or deer or the ground. Good luck to all. I hunt in the hatfield area, so it will be interesting.