Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Need advice for vacay time in Illinois >

Need advice for vacay time in Illinois

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Need advice for vacay time in Illinois

Old 10-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Need advice for vacay time in Illinois

I have Nov.4 thru the Nov. 15 off for my annual trip to Illinois. I have talked and heard mixed theories of what days will be best this year in Illinois. Ive heard alot of the corn is still up and will be up for a while due to the wet weather. I was thinkin of changin my vacay days to Nov. 11-Nov. 19. Which group of days would you reccomend i take. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know about you but I hope you are right about the corn being up later........... we have a trip planned for Nov 14 - Nov 19 in So Ill.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone has their favorite special days here but NO ONE can argue that the largest antlered animals in the state have consistently been taged between Nov 5 thru Nov 10. In fact, we have had several State Records that have been taken on or around Nov 8. Because of this, ALWAYS make sure you're hunting the Illinois woods hard and for as long as possible on these days. Good luck and good huntin'
Old 10-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
Everyone has their favorite special days here but NO ONE can argue that the largest antlered animals in the state have consistently been taged between Nov 5 thru Nov 10. In fact, we have had several State Records that have been taken on or around Nov 8. Because of this, ALWAYS make sure you're hunting the Illinois woods hard and for as long as possible on these days. Good luck and good huntin'
Funny you should say that-i shot the buck in my avatar pic last year on Nov. 9th when i was there.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

corn is still up here. Southwest indiana. Though there cutting everyday.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:08 AM
Typical Buck

I'd stick to your original dates.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:21 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt both northern and southern Illinois and when I was down state on the season archery opener much of the corn and beans where being picked and should be out by now.Up here in northern Illinois where I live the corn looks dry by sight but still is a bit moist,we've had a lot of rain lately and unless it gets real windy for a couple days or so the corn probably won't be pick for a couple weeks around here.The dates you posted should be great.What county in SO Illinois do you hunt?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by drstalker
I hunt both northern and southern Illinois and when I was down state on the season archery opener much of the corn and beans where being picked and should be out by now.Up here in northern Illinois where I live the corn looks dry by sight but still is a bit moist,we've had a lot of rain lately and unless it gets real windy for a couple days or so the corn probably won't be pick for a couple weeks around here.The dates you posted should be great.What county in SO Illinois do you hunt?
Im still up in the air exactly where i am goin. I have looked into pretty much every dnr piece of property out there through research online. I have several that i am leaning towards but am still up in the air exactly where to go first. Last year i hunted up in Warren Co. but due to financial restrictions i just cant swing it this year. Not to mention i will be goin alone this year as opposed to last year so therefore I will have no one to split expenses (gas&hotel) with. I have alot of weekdays to hunt and am not afraid of gettin away from the parking areas so im still confident even tho im on public land instead of our lease i will be succesful. I just need to find the right doe dragging the right buck behind her, thats all!!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't read the crop reports, but I am guessing maybe just maybe 50% of all row crops are harvested to date. Farmers are focusing on beans now. It is raining today and rained all day yesterday. 2 - 3 inches total. The ground is saturated.

Don't know how to advise on coming here. I am taking next week off, but will play it by ear. I may take some time each week. Several big deer are being shot.

I live in Macoupin County, Illinois.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

your dates of Nov 4th - 15th is perfect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.