Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
wisconsin deer count >

wisconsin deer count

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

wisconsin deer count

Old 11-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mr.mc54
I say the DNR should have a survey with every lisc. sold that asks for hunters input on what's out there. The problem is - it's to easy. Ask land owners like myself who know whats on my property. Public land is just about shot off and it's only going to get worse. Soon hunters will say enough is enough and stay home. It stands to reason that if deer go on public land and are lucky enough to survive , they will seek out a place where there isn't as much pressure (private land). The counts are best done by hunters and land owners. Just a thought!
I will give the DNR a little credit for at least putting the hunter sighting survey on the web site. But if they actually listen to it is a whole nother question. I also believe that the DNR would make better desicions if they weren't influnenced by politics.The DNR HQ should not be located in the Liberial infested town of Madison.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

The head of the DNR also shouldn't be apointed by the Gov. It should be run by a person voted in "BY THE PEOPLE".

Last edited by mr.mc54; 11-19-2009 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
I will give the DNR a little credit for at least putting the hunter sighting survey on the web site. But if they actually listen to it is a whole nother question. I also believe that the DNR would make better desicions if they weren't influnenced by politics.The DNR HQ should not be located in the Liberial infested town of Madison.
when i went with my cousin to register his doe they actually make you fill out more info while registering the deer. if my memory is correct they have you put down public/private land, rate the weather on a scale of 1-10, and the number of deer sighted that day as well. so they are at least making an effort to get more input, who knows if it'll accomplish anything
Old 11-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just was in the woods every day from the 1rst, to the 15th. I did not see much to talk about this was the worst year I have ever had in the woods. I have lots of corn arround and I am sure that there are deer in the corn but there has always been lots of corn. I saw one good buck cruising at 2pm on the 12th. I had him at 30yards and he was on high allert and ducked my arrow. that was the only buck worth getting excited about. this year the gun season numbers aught to be interesting.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Spike

Angry wi deer

wisconsin northern part has no deer to wolves and other predators
and all the other parts are going to be overhunted by hunters with a stupid 16 day gun season along with disease, hit by car, predators

i just wi doesn't need all the extra seasons for no reason like a holiday season
Old 12-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Spike

Default Money

The money runs from insurance to dnr. And wala.

It is just that simple

call your pols to comlain for change

nappy

it works
Old 12-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Spike

I just hope something is done to bring the numbers up for the deer. Almost every hunter I talked to in bow and gun seasons said they didn't much deer if any.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:02 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

FINALLY...after years of arrogance...the DNR seems to finally be understanding the anger of hunters who for years have been telling them that their deer estimates have been way, WAY off!

And of course, we hunters who disagreed were told that we needed to trust the "experts" from the DNR instead of believing our own eyes. EAB is gone, and just this past week, the stupid proposal for a 16 day gun season was also shelved. Now if we can get the DNR to listen to hunters from now on there will have been progress. We will see....