Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
the rut is coming fast >

the rut is coming fast

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

the rut is coming fast

Old 10-22-2009, 03:48 AM
Spike

Hey Fellas,

I was sitting out yesterday afternoon about 5:45pm and finally saw some chasin'. Of course it was a small eight pointer dogging the heck out of a doe in one of our cut corn fields. He would not leave her alone for nothing. He chased her in and out of the CRP field next to ours three times. I just love watching these does running around doing figure eights trying to get away from these young love thirsty bucks! It is really amusing. I'm in the semi-south east part of Illinois and really this is the first time I've seen any rut action thus far. Did a little midday scouting yesterday as well and haven't really seen much for scrapes either.

Take care and good luck,

79 Bronco
Old 10-23-2009, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cut corn? What's that! Everything is still standing on all of our farms. Looks to be a repeat of last year with corn standing throught the first week of November.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:49 AM
Spike

for the past few weeks i've seen small buck acting like its gonna start early then last weekend a 3 1/2 year old came just 2 far away his neck looked like it was swollen up just a bit kinda hopin they'll hold out a nother week or 2 this warrmer weather we just got has killed the deer movement by me
Old 10-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Spike

Yes sir Titlist,

A lot of the corn is cut down here. Yes there a few farmers that havent gotten to it for what ever reason, maybe too much rain lately but our fields were cut actually on Oct. 1. We have some "late" soybean fields that are still semi-yellow and not even ready to be cut. Hopefully once their dry the deer will have the corn fields picked and start moving through those beans. Right now there isn't much for sign around any of the bean fields, only the cut corn fields.

Take care,

79 Bronco

Take care,
Old 10-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

Check out the alfalfa fields. Saw a buck chase'n a doe last nite. They will be going strong this week I think.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

last weekend in michigan i saw very scrapes then yesterday there everywhere and fresh
Old 10-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by titleist_03
Cut corn? What's that! Everything is still standing on all of our farms. Looks to be a repeat of last year with corn standing throught the first week of November.
All the corn is still up on and around the property in Jodavies. They are hanging out in it big time.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I watched a beast chase every doe in the field back and forth last night. Its here brothers!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:03 AM
Typical Buck

The bucks are running day and nite. Life is great!!