Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
minnesota deer season >

minnesota deer season

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

minnesota deer season

Old 10-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw about a dozen scrapes on opening day (9/19). seriously! we were tracking a doe a buddy hit and found a ton of scrapes. i've seen them all over my woods since then. i don't think i've ever seen a scrape that early, much less that many!

the buck i shot on sunday was scent checking a doe. he was checking her as i released the arrow.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Spike

I'm way up in northern mn on the border and the bucks on our cam have huge swollen necks already, but the bucks are still coming to the cam 2 & 3 at a time. Looking like it's getting close, but not full on by any means.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Spike

thanks for all the updates fellas.

down here in illinois i saw a buck the other night trying to chase or check a doe, and boy was he grunting like crazy.
last night the ten was back in my backyard and his neck was really swollen.
i think its going to be close this year for gun opener in mn. the bucks are sure showing the sign of the rut, but hopefully the big swing in mn will happen right around gun opener. hey ffemt if you have any photos of your 138 buck could you share. i would love to see him, sure sounds like a nice buck.
well good luck to all, and please update if you see anything more.
thanks
Old 10-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

A friend of mine watched a 120 class buck breed a doe twice tonight while on stand... so i guess uts here!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by FF/EMT
A friend of mine watched a 120 class buck breed a doe twice tonight while on stand... so i guess uts here!
Thats crazy, I had about a 125" buck come into the corn behind me tonight at about 6:00 Hekind of fed off a little ways into the corn, but I could still see him. About 5 minutes later, a doe came thru at the same place the buck did. The buck saw the doe, but didnt pay any atention to it. I threw everything I had at that buck, to get him to come my way, ( grunted, tipped the can over, snort wheezed) and he never even acted like he cared. I will be back in htat same tree tomorrow night.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Spike

thats awesome guys, it sure does sound like it might be here right now ha?
i'm saying my prayers every night that it just hold out for about another week.
I haven't seen much in the way of the rut down here, and i have does in my yard everyday right now.
have you guys been seeing much in the way of sign in the woods. like scrapes and rubs?
please keep me informed.
my buddies were out on our property last week and found several rubs and scrapes. but the prime time i hope is still to come.