Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
minnesota deer season >

minnesota deer season

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

minnesota deer season

Old 10-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Spike

Default minnesota deer season

hello fellow deer hunters from minnesota,

has anyone been seeing any rut activity yet?
i have a cam located about 20 yards from my stand and have been seeing a nice 11 or 12 pointer coming by since aug 23rd. just got some new pics of him on the 30th of sept.
i was up there for duck opener and didnt see to much in the way of rubs and scrapes, but with the cold weather coming I hope things will begin to change.

let me know if any of you see any sign.

Good hunting & God's Blessing's to all..
Old 10-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

No rut activity yet in the Southern part of the state. I did see the first buck tonight since the opener of archery season. So wherewill you be hunting at? I would say thelast weekof this month we should start seeing some chacing going on.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Found a few scrapes and small rubs, but thats about it so far.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by FF/EMT
Found a few scrapes and small rubs, but thats about it so far.
x2 Just found my first scrapes last night. Have been seeing a few rubs for a couple of weeks now.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Spike

thanks fellas for the info, much appreciated.

I will be hunting between minneapolis and mankato, on the minnesota river.
with the cold weather and the snow they recieved this morning things might really start to pick up.
cant wait to hear more info from you guys if you will be willing to share with me. this is all the fun of going hunting i think the weeks leading up to it are the most exciting. hearing stories and finding out how things are heating up gets me more excited than actually hunting.
here's to wishing you all a safe and productive season.
ALL HAIL BROWNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck to you too Ben. I will try to remember to keep you updadted on this post.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Spike

i havent seen anything yet
Old 10-14-2009, 05:35 AM
Spike

ha guys,

last night in my back yard i saw a real nice 10 pointer, and this morning i had 5 does in my backyard. See i live in illinois in the western suburbs of chicago, were there is no hunting allowed but being able to see these deer in action give me a little bit more of an idea of how things are going as far as the rut.
I havent found any scrapes or rubs back there but i dont think it wont be long before i do.
my buddy is supposed to get the card from our camera on our hunting property in minnesota this weekend, and i cant wait to see if the action has picked up on the camera.
2 years ago i had the opertunity one morning to watch a 12 pointer chase does in my backyard, IT WAS AWSOME!!!
I'm hoping I get to see some of the same this year. Usally the rut takes place later than the minnesota rut down here. So i might see something when i get back.
I'll tell you what though it is extremely hard to watch these huge bucks in my backyard and not have a chance at them.

keep me posted if you guys see anything up there...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Spike

hello fellas,

just wondering if anyone has seen any sign yet. My buddies were out this past weekend on our property we hunt and found a few light scrapes, and some rubs. But nothing to signifcant.
Our cam has some more deer on it and old big daddy is hanging around. Plus he brought some friends.
So in total on the cam we have a 12, nice 10, small 10, and plenty of spikes and 6's.
well if any of you come accross some sign let me know...

thanks, and good hunting..
Old 10-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a 138" 10 point last Friday. He was headed the opposite direction at about 200 yards. I grunted at him and he turned on a dime, a few more grunts and about 5 minutes he was standing broadside at 30 yards.

Looks like the scrapes are getting worked pretty good. A friend of mine watched a fork horn try and chase a doe around but she didnt want anything to do with him yet.

I have noticed a few more deer dead on the side of the road during my commute, usually a tell tale sign that the ruts about here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.