Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Ohio hunters, share your '09 archery successes, stories, thoughts here!!! >

Ohio hunters, share your '09 archery successes, stories, thoughts here!!!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio hunters, share your '09 archery successes, stories, thoughts here!!!

Old 10-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Spike

Default Ohio hunters, share your '09 archery successes, stories, thoughts here!!!

Fellow Ohio archery hunters:

I just got back on the forum for the first time since last season and I wanted to get a nice thread started for us to share everything that has happened so far this season as well as what happens as we near that crazy time in November!

I was lucky enough to arrow my second-ever deer *WITH A BOW* the sunday of 9/27 in the evening. the front that passed through that weekend finally cleared and the deer were up moving. My 13 yard shot ended her life at my uncle's farm and she fell over only 80 yards away. Boy am I happy to have meat already and now that the pressure is off me a little bit, I can now be picky as to what I choose to arrow from here on out.

By the way, when do you all think the rut is going to hit?? Everything I've gathered says that the full moon on November 2nd. is going to be what triggers it all.
Also, is the infamous "October Lull" which we'll see hardly any deer movement almost upon us??

Let me know what you think.

**Edit:** I have killed more than two deer, but this doe was only my second bow kill

Last edited by NEOhioHunter; 10-06-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Spike

anyone around?
Old 10-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Southeast OH here. Havent climbed a tree yet. Vacation from Nov 1 to Nov 13. I'll have more info then.

No acorns in my area. Yours?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

im going out this weekend, hopefully the weather is better. i was out opening weekend but storms ruined much of my hunt...i only saw turkeys
Old 10-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by wvOHIOfan
Southeast OH here. Havent climbed a tree yet. Vacation from Nov 1 to Nov 13. I'll have more info then.

No acorns in my area. Yours?
Not many have fallen yet, but I don't know what your trees are like but up here the oaks are STACKED of acorns... couple that with the fact that the deer already had their winter coats in september tells me that we might be in for one heck of a cold winter!!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

I have been out the 1st two sundays of the season. The movement the first week was minimal. The second week it seemed more deer, primarily bucks were up and on there feet. Saw some rubs and scrapes, also saw a buck and a doe together hanging out.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

I plan on hunting SE Ohio and will let you know what I see. I don't know when I'm going, or even where for that matter, but I am going to try out some of the public land.

Should I expect to see a lot of fellow bow hunters?
Old 10-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

1 hunt 1 doe
Old 10-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Spike

whats the weather like during thanksgiving time? Me and a few buddies are gonna hunt the athens area then.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by reke0402
whats the weather like during thanksgiving time? Me and a few buddies are gonna hunt the athens area then.

I live in the north east corner of the state. Could be anything from 65 degress to low twenties. Just check the weather online and pack for anything. We've had that much of a difference in one week multiple times.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.