Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Refund x2

Old 09-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Refund x2

Welp, first time I have ever been denied a tag. Got a refund check in the mail back in July. Tried again for 2nd lottery, got a refund check last week. Not sure what's going on here, possibly some Blago descendants running it.

Looking at the remaining tags left, McHenry Co. looks good, I might have a shot there as a last resort. I have always filled a tag every year I had one...You would think Illinois would be wanting to put a tag in my pocket, am I right?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

What county were you denied?

Does the website show remaining any remaining tags in that county? (I hope not!)
Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Fork Horn

It was Williamson.

Unless I am reading this wrong, it looks to me like these are remaining...

http://www.dnr.state.il.us/admin/09/firearm814.pdf
Old 09-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

To me it show that there are 270 either-sex & 449 antlerless-only full season permits left.

Why you would have been denied and received a refund is puzzling.

Call the permit office ASAP!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda strange, I wonder if there is a problem with your application. I would give them a call.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Spike

Myself, my brother and a friend had put in for muzzleloader for Edgar county. All in the same group. We got denied, so we decided to put in for firearm. Well i didn't draw a tag this time either, but the other 2 did. I really don't want to just settle for a doe tag. I heard that you can buy tags, does anybody know where and what they might go for?

Thanks.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

You put in as agroup and 1 of you was denied. Sounds like they are having problems with the system...
Old 09-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by CtElkHunter View Post
Myself, my brother and a friend had put in for muzzleloader for Edgar county. All in the same group. We got denied, so we decided to put in for firearm. Well i didn't draw a tag this time either, but the other 2 did. I really don't want to just settle for a doe tag. I heard that you can buy tags, does anybody know where and what they might go for?

Thanks.
In Illinois you cannot buy or sell your tags. You have to go thru the DNR protocol.

Now the fact that you guys applied as a group and only one of you was denied is new (and shocking) to me.

There are still available tags showing for Edgar on the DNR website. 65 either-sex & 184 antlerless only for full season.

Something ain't clicking at the DNR permit office this year. This isn't the first puzzling thing I've heard of.

http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/09/firearm814.pdf
Old 09-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing ever clicks in Illinois-------well just the door closing on our Governors cells.

Yup -doesnt make any sense thta 2 drew and was one denied if they applied on the party method.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/09/firearm_deer.pdf

here is an updated list of leftover tags as of september 15

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.