Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread >

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 04:30 AM
Spike

I shot this guy Sunday evening with my shotgun in Grant County. My father also took a small basket 6pointer Saturday evening about 50 yards where I took this one.
Attached Thumbnails Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread-12.jpg  
Old 11-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

I am glad to see that some Hoosier have had some success this season. My dad and I have had zero luck this year. Between the warmer temps and still being surrounded by an entire valley of corn we just aren't seeing deer travel through our property very much. I hope they get that corn picked soon.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not seen an antlered deer since last Sunday. Farmer is picking corn again today. However i still have standing fields to the northwest, southwest, and southeast. My brother hunted last evening and seen the shooter buck that i saw while bowhunting on the 11th. He was 20 yards from my stand last night, my brother could see him from his stand on the opposite corner. Just my luck, i had planned on hunting last night too but my babysitter plans fell through. I went this morning and did not see a thing. Evenings have been far better then mornings this year for me, which is the exact opposite of years past.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Spike

a lot of good bucks, good job, i was wanting to know what kind of stand do you guys use the most. i love a cheap lockon even though it kills my back
Old 11-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Spike

nice bucks guys. im goin out in the woods in the mornin. gonna be cold so hopefully deer will be movin. i think there is a low of 28 tonight
Old 11-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went last night and sat on the ground on top of a hill over looking 2 partially picked corn fields. I sat and watched deer go back and forth from the neighbors woods and cornfield all evening. About dark i snuck down to the field edge on the property i hunt and had 2 small does feeding at less then 30 yards. I have a doe tag but these were awfully small. I then seen a big bodied deer clear across the field that had just came out of the standing corn. I did 4 or 5 quick grunts and this deer made up the 200 yards in about 10 seconds or so. It was dark enough though that i could not tell how many points he had so i elected not to shoot. The deer are sticking very tight to this corn, i haven't seen a deer actually inside the woods i hunt for over a week now. I just bought a brand new muzzy on friday and got it set up with a Nikon scope. I'm looking forward to muzzleloader season this year as i think it's going to be a lot better then shotgun season has been once this corn is gone.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Spike

I have had no luck on the farm this year. By this time I usually have a couple does. Got home from work about 7:15 Thursday morning and in my front yard stood a very large doe happily munching on acorns. all I could do was watch. A close friend that hunts on the farm said he finely saw a buck chasing a couple does this week. Maybe it will be a good weekend!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

A friend of mine just got back from Indiana this week. He killed a giant buck. It scored number 3 all time in Indiana with a muzzleloader. It scored 180 3/8 green score. His friend also took a giant main frame 6 with a few kickers. He was hunting with campkay outfitters. The pics of his big 16 pointer are on their website. www.campkayoutfitters.com in the gallery, his is the Jenkins buck and his friends is the Tamkin buck. They also spent a week in Illinois where he killed a nice ten point.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Spike

well, i have to report that 28th was a charmer! 2 deer, a large doe, 150-160 dressed and a small button. all with the wife at my side. what a great day!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:48 AM
Spike

going out in the mornin for opening day ml season. hopin to have some luck. last sat i saw 2 big does runnin on the back side of our land, counldnt get a good shot tho. hopefully deer wil be moving this weekend. suppose to be cold...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.