Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread >

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

The deer woods are strange this year. I've been out probably 8 or 9 times this season, since the beginning of archery season, and I haven't seen a deer yet. I know there are deer around but its like they are all moving at night or something. Is anyone seeing any signs of the rut?? I've not seen any rubs or scrapes either. I know there are bucks in the area I just about hit 2 of them with my truck leaving the area.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 4 does and 3 small bucks friday morning. I called a small 8 point right to me with the can call. It's the first deer thats ever responded to that call for me. I could hear his footsteps almost instantly as i set the can down. I got in stand about 6:50 and seen him at 7. The other 2 were dinky 4 pointers. I have not see any chasing as of yet, i think this week and then the gun opener they should really be after it espeically with the moon going dark. I'm hoping the warm windy weather is getting the farmers in the field today. I'm afraid i may have to gun hunt this place this year with the corn up and that is going to blow. The farmer combined 2 days this past week but he only did like 3-4 passes on the edge each day. He's having to stop to have it dried is my guess.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Spike

Looks like its going to be a warm opener, but anything compared to last years opener will be great.

Lots of corn came down this weekend hopefully they continue full force through the week.

4 more days boyz!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Spike

Talking

Went out Sunday to check on my stands, one place I hunt in Washington Co had very little signs a few small rubs and scrapes. The backup stand in Harrison Co down by the river the place was torn up, not 10 yrds from my stand a huge scrape and serveral small ones around it, And rubs everywhere. The friend of mine that owns the farm where the best signs were, has a future son in law that is a young hunter I told him to hunt out of my stand before I saw all of the scrapes and rubs around. I kinda felt sick at my stomach when I checked out. But I've killed my share of deer out of that stand. Anyway I hope he kills a nice one out of it. Hope all of you guys have a great season!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Corn is still up everywhere around where i hunt. The odds of it being down by Saturday are looking slimmer and slimmer. It's been real nice for over a week now, not sure what the hold up is unless they are just way behind. Landowner where i hunt cut around the edges last week and stopped, hasn't touched it since. I sat in a stand tonight in a fencerow and right at dark had a button buck come out of the corn and cross the fence. These warm temps and corn are making it real tough, looks like 60 degrees on saturday and pretty breezy as well.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Spike

hey guys im new here and i also hunt southern in. in harrison co. my dad has 15 acres there and i got a blind in a small clearing in the woods. seems like all the deer where im at are coming through after dark and before daylight though.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am headed down on friday, hoping to find the corn down and the rut in full swing for saturday!! looks like a hight in the 60's on sat
Old 11-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went this morning and for the first time all year seen good rutting activity. I also seen a shooter 9 pointer that was at 35 yards but in the one area where i have no shooting lanes. I sat for an hr and did not see anything, then bout 5 till 8 decided to hit the can call. I then heard a limb break behind me and saw a 6 point after a doe. About 20 minutes later i hit the can again and heard another limb break and it was the 9 pointer, he came out grunting. Just went on the wrong side of my tree and actually passed about 5 yards to the south of my brothers stand lol. He gun hunts only. I saw another 6 later in the morning and i was leaving the landowner was getting ready to get his corn down.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Saw a big 9 point tonight. Got em to come in to 64yds and not any closer.. 2 days and he's dead
Old 11-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

Weather looks like it is still going to be on the warm side. I don't know about everyone else, but I find warm weather the worst to prepare for. Sitting there all day you tend to get a little cold in the evening when the temps start to drop. When it is cold out you just throw on all the clothes you have and you are set. It is supposed to be cool and rainy next week, so warm temps aren't looking half bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.