Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread >

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning. Couldn't ask for better weather. Kicked up 3 or 4 walking in, sat in the stand for 3 hrs and seen nothing but squirrels again. This week is looking good weather wise, very little chance of rain, so im really hoping the farmers get out there and get that corn out. I took my gun out when i was done this morning to check my sights for shotgun season, i put 2 lightfields through it and hit the same hole both times and quit lol.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default Indiana

Whats teh deal with the Indiana season this year? I have been out and have seen minimal deer movement. Hopefully next week will get them fired up.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this evening after the Colts game and it was the same story. Nada. Probably wasting my time with all the corn standing. Never had much luck with full moons either. I will probably get out again either Wed night or thursday morning, maybe some of the corn will be down.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:56 AM
Spike

I dont bow hunt but I too have noticed a lack of deer in the fields at dusk or on my way into work in the morning. I do believe that with the amount of crops still standing they are the main contributing factor. Hopefully the farmers get to work this week and pull most of them out!

Good Luck everyone!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Under two weeks to go until shotgun season opener!!!!

I have also not been seeing the same amount of deer. I was getting several bucks on my trail cam and then about two weeks ago they just disappeared. I just keep getting does, but when the breeding phase of the rut gets started they will hopefully draw the bucks my way. I still need to get out and sight in the guns. Hopefully I will get that done latter this week or early next week.

I agree with everyone that the farmers need to get the corn out of the fields. My property is surrounded by bottomland that is filled with corn. I think it has just been too wet for them to get in there are pick it.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Spike

Sighted my gun in last week. I switched from a 180g to 240g bullet for this year. The land I hunt is only about 65arces and my max. shot will be 100yards. Thats the distance I am comfortable shooting. Last year I passed up a huge 8 point that sat about 125yards out, I could not get him to come any closer, he was busy protecting his doe from a small fork horn....it was the funniest damn thing I had seen, this little guy just kept coming back to the doe then this huge guy would chase him away, only to have the little one come right back. I grunted several times and he just ignored me. Anyway hope I see him on opening day this year!
Old 11-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

I killed doe number 4 Sunday morning in Jefferson Co.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have had a ok season missed two with bow and hit one in the leg. Hopefully i will have the triumph by monday so i can get it ready.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a few tonight. I decided to hang a stand in between 2 cornfields on a fencerow yesterday. Went back tonight and the landowner had shelled the corn but only about 2-3 passes and it was only on the edges. Worked out perfectly really. I ended up seeing 9, all does. Gonna try and make it back tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Went out and sighted in my muzzleloader and shotgun today. At 30 yards with open sights on both of them, they were shooting as straight as I could shoot them. Depending on the weather and where I am going to be hunting I have some pretty good options of which gun to bring. I really want to take a buck with my .58 cal flintlock muzzleloader this year.

Still a lot of corn standing in the river bottom surrounding the hunting property. We are probably going to have to bust them on their way in and out of the fields to get a chance at them if it doesn't get picked before next Saturday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.